locked iOS app was Android app

Hi

While the website works pretty well on iOS with VoiceOver, it would be nice to have a Groups.io app just so we don't have to go through hoops, such as opening Safari, typing or searching for Groups.io and, if necessary, log in. One could instead open the app, it should either prompt to log in or log in automatically, and go from there.

On 31 Dec 2015, at 04:54, Shal Farley <shals2nd@gmail.com> wrote:

Janice,

"I do a lot of my stuff on my android phone do you or someone else know if
the "group.io" has an app I can
download onto my phone for me to view the group."
"on the to-do list but I can't say when it will happen" (#2799).

Meanwhile it may not be as nice as an app, but I'm able to read groups. Io messages perfectly well on my Nexus 5 Android phone, just using the built in chrome browser.

--Shal
(Replied using my phone)

Christopher,

While the website works pretty well on iOS with VoiceOver, it would be
nice to have a Groups.io app just so we don't have to go through hoops,
such as opening Safari, typing or searching for Groups.io and, if
necessary, log in.
On Android, you can add a web page to your home screen, so it looks and opens just like an app. That still leaves you with the need to log in every once in a while (I forget what the expiration time is), but not each time you open the "app".

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a way to do something similar in iOS.

By the way, I'm not arguing that an app isn't needed or desired - my purpose was simply to let Janice's potential member know that it is possible to use groups.io on his phone even without an app.

-- Shal

Darn it, I forgot you can, indeed, add a website to your home screen. In Safari on iOS and with VoiceOver on, double tap the share button towards the bottom of the screen or towards the top on an iPad, and it's right there, called "add to home screen".

On 31 Dec 2015, at 18:15, Shal Farley <shals2nd@gmail.com> wrote:

Christopher,

While the website works pretty well on iOS with VoiceOver, it would be
nice to have a Groups.io app just so we don't have to go through hoops,
such as opening Safari, typing or searching for Groups.io and, if
necessary, log in.
On Android, you can add a web page to your home screen, so it looks and opens just like an app. That still leaves you with the need to log in every once in a while (I forget what the expiration time is), but not each time you open the "app".

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a way to do something similar in iOS.

By the way, I'm not arguing that an app isn't needed or desired - my purpose was simply to let Janice's potential member know that it is possible to use groups.io on his phone even without an app.

-- Shal

Janice B <weebee.1@...>

I have the Groups.io icon on my iPad desktop (I don't remember how I got it there) and when I click on it, it takes me directly to my Groups.io page and I do not have to log in.

Janice B
AZ
Remember...stressed is desserts spelled backwards

On Dec 31, 2015, at 11:45 AM, Christopher Hallsworth <challsworth2@icloud.com> wrote:

[...]

joseph hudson <jhud7789@...>

Chris, it's not really that hard to do. Yeah an option of either saving the website, on your home screen for even better yet, as often as you get approvals for that group or even both groups there's more than likely something say been a history of your I device.
Joseph Hudson
Email
I device support
Telephone