moderated Site updates #changelog

Changes to the site this week:

  • NEW: Remember sort field/order for the Photos section (not yet viewing a specific album).
  • BUGFIX: If a subscription's display name was not set and the user's display name wasn't set, we would set ALL of the user's subscriptions to the name we pulled from the From line in an email. This would overwrite a display name previously set by a moderator.
  • NEW: The /feed page is now feature complete, including displaying chats, wikis, databases, new subgroups, and recent images sent as attachments.
  • CHANGE: In the Photos section, changed the default sort for albums and within albums to be most recent first.
  • BUGFIX: Fixed obscure redirect bug because 'groups.io' is a suffix of the new enterprise group dgroups.io.
  • INTERNAL: Parallelized the deletion of attachments from S3 when we delete a group, because it was taking too long.
  • CHANGE: When viewing banned members, the column name is now Banned. When viewing normal members of a restricted group, the column name is now Applied.
  • CHANGE: When banning someone, we record the moment the person is banned. Previously, if the person was a member, we kept the date the person applied/joined and used that.
  • CHANGE: When adding/editing an event, check by default the 'Send Invite To Group' option.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Mark

Mark,

* CHANGE: When adding/editing an event, check by default the 'Send
Invite To Group' option.
I'm confused. I thought it already was, and that was the complaint:
https://beta.groups.io/g/main/topic/30699549#20418

Shal

Mark,

Changes to the site this week:
Missed this one (for some it's kind-of a big one):

* CHANGE: Only display photos in the Emailed Photos album that are
larger than 100x100 pixels.
https://beta.groups.io/g/main/message/20431

Shal

Ginny T.

Oh thank you, thank you, thank you.....
Ginny

--
Ginny T.  gttemari21@...
========

On Fri, Mar 22, 2019 at 08:27 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
CHANGE: When banning someone, we record the moment the person is banned. Previously, if the person was a member, we kept the date the person applied/joined and used that.
Hi Mark,

This situation is still weird. I originally posted here that the "date joined" in the banned list erroneously showed the date the member was banned. Somehow that got interpreted as a *request* for it to show the date the member was banned (which, from what I'd seen previously, it had already done) and is listed in the change log here. However,  whatever the case before the change, the member's "joined date" in their Membership page as accessed from the banned list now actually shows the banned date. For example, I have a member who joined 3/8/17, was banned this morning, and whose "joined" field in their member page, as accessed from the banned list, shows as 11:07 this morning. (The date in her "past member" activity log still correctly shows 3/8/17.)

Also, the member's history, notes, etc. in their record in the banned list is currently wiped out. To see the member's history, you must also "remove" them and find them in the "past members" list.

So this situation continues to be weird and somewhat beyond me. If you want, I can send you links to the member in the banned list vs. the past members list.