moderated Emailed Photos album

Hi All,

I've changed it so that we only display photos in the Emailed Photos album that are larger than 100x100 pixels. Hopefully this will cut down on junky sig images. I'm looking into eliminating dupes as well.

Chris Jones

Excellent!

Chris

Anita L

Mark that would be wonderful. Thanks so much.

Anita

Bruce Bowman

On Fri, Mar 22, 2019 at 05:46 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
I've changed it so that we only display photos in the Emailed Photos album that are larger than 100x100 pixels. Hopefully this will cut down on junky sig images. I'm looking into eliminating dupes as well.
Mark -- I've done a little testing on this one.

It appears that if the image is less than 100 pixels in either dimension, it won't show up in Emailed photos. So this should also help the little PNG file that W10 Mail inserts as a reply separator. All good so far.

The images, however, still display in the message archive, and still get forwarded in the group's sent emails. So they will continue to proliferate in subscriber replies, accumulate in group storage, and count against quota. Those things are not so good from my perspective.

Lacking the ability to strip and discard such images, it seems to me that this change could have the undesirable consequence of making it harder for the group Owner to find sig line images and delete them. Or is there a fine point that I'm missing?

Regards,
Bruce