Topics

moderated Basic message filtering #suggestion

Bruce Bowman

It would be handy to have a basic message filtering function that would permit automatic rejection/moderation of messages containing certain phrases or keywords.

I realize that this is already on the radar screen (https://trello.com/c/YTO1eSOF/184-configurable-message-filters) but I wanted to give it a bump.

Thanks,
Bruce

AG1P Ron

We would also like key word filtering to automatically put messages into moderation before they go out to the members. There are certain topics we wish to block and now the first message always has to go out before we can block any others with te same subject.

Thanks
Ron

ro-esp

That could become a "unique sellingpoint" of io-groups. Would it be for the subject only or include the "body" of the message?

groetjes, Ronaldo

AG1P Ron

Just need it for the subject line. We're trying to prevent commercial advertising on our non-profit reflector.

Regards
Ron

-----Original Message-----
From: main@beta.groups.io [mailto:main@beta.groups.io] On Behalf Of ro-esp
Sent: Thursday, October 03, 2019 2:45 AM
To: main@beta.groups.io
Subject: Re: [beta] Basic message filtering #suggestion

That could become a "unique sellingpoint" of io-groups. Would it be for the subject only or include the "body" of the message?

groetjes, Ronaldo

Chris Jones

On Thu, Oct 3, 2019 at 04:33 PM, AG1P Ron wrote:
We're trying to prevent commercial advertising on our non-profit reflector.
I have to ask just how is commercial advertising turning up? Is it "rogue" members doing it? If so just put them on moderation, permanently if necessary.

Chris

AG1P Ron

We’ve been doing that but certain companies just have others or their followers join and once they clear moderation, post. With 2,000 members it is difficult to control without impacting normal information sharing.  It’s been like playing the Whack-A-Mole game seen in airports - knock one mole down and another pops up somewhere else.

Ron

From: main@beta.groups.io [mailto:main@beta.groups.io] On Behalf Of Chris Jones via Groups.Io
Sent: Thursday, October 03, 2019 8:36 AM
To: main@beta.groups.io
Subject: Re: [beta] Basic message filtering #suggestion

On Thu, Oct 3, 2019 at 04:33 PM, AG1P Ron wrote:

We're trying to prevent commercial advertising on our non-profit reflector.

I have to ask just how is commercial advertising turning up? Is it "rogue" members doing it? If so just put them on moderation, permanently if necessary.

Chris