Topics

moderated Login page oddity when accessing a file #bug

Jeremy H

I've just had an oddity - which I think I would describe as a bug.

I had a 'New file uploaded to <group>' e-mail (actually as part of digest) - reading this in e-mail web interface - with a 'You can access this file at the URL: https://groups.io/g/....' type link, on which I clicked to access the file. Whether at that point I was actually logged in to groups.io, or had been logged out after 30 days I couldn't say, but I had a 'Please Log In' page come up. E-mail and password being entered, I clicked the green 'Login' button and had window appear with click to open or download buttons (I use Firefox) - clicked, and file opened ok, no problem. Oddity (or bug) is that the login page remained as was, with e-mail address, etc still filled in - url is https://groups.io/login?r=%2Fg%2F<groupname>%2Ffiles%2F<filename> - on clicking the Login button, I had the same 'file access' window again ... to go round again... (On opening another tab, and going into groups.io, I did go in as being logged in, as to be expected). My expectation is that having logged in ok, and accessed the file, the login page would have been replaced by some kind of 'you are logged in' page - either that group's files page, or home page, or the groups.io 'your groups' page.

Jeremy

Jeremy H

Checking, and accessing file now I am definitely logged in, I get the expected https://groups.io/g/... page (blank as file is opened outside browser) - which, on thinking, is what I should be getting after logging in.

Jeremy

Duane

On Thu, Mar 7, 2019 at 11:38 AM, Jeremy H wrote:
Oddity (or bug) is that the login page remained as was
I believe this is a function of your browser.  There's little or no interaction between windows or tabs.  It sounds like after you logged in, another window/tab was opened where you accessed the file.  Since the URL of the login page was from the file access link, it would still contain information telling you to log in.

Duane