Topics

moderated Gmail From line re-writing

Hi All,

FYI, I've started to proactively look for Gmail hosted domains, and setting them so that the From line for messages sent by those users back to themselves is re-written. (I'm looking at the DNS MX records for these domains, which point to google.com).

I'm looking at maybe doing something similar for Exchange, but it's not clear to me how or if I should do that.

On Wed, Feb 27, 2019 at 10:38 AM, Mark Fletcher wrote:

FYI, I've started to proactively look for Gmail hosted domains, and setting them so that the From line for messages sent by those users back to themselves is re-written. (I'm looking at the DNS MX records for these domains, which point to google.com).

I just re-wrote the system (that I initially wrote earlier in the week...) so that it automatically re-writes the From line for messages authored by senders being sent back to themselves for all Gmail hosted domains.

It also now re-writes the From line for all messages sent to all hosted Outlook 365 domains.

This should eliminate the need for people hosted by Gmail to contact me. There are still instances of people running their own Exchange servers that will need to contact me to be added to the list.

Thanks, Mark