moderated 2FA & account password #bug

Bruce Bowman

Mark -- We have a vision-impaired person in GMF who uses a screen reader. He turned on 2FA and is now having difficulty logging in.

https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum/topic/84746947
https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum/topic/84766850#38936

At one point he stated that he deleted his account password and tried to use "email me a link" to log in. Of course, that didn't work, and now he can't log in at all.

Is it possible to delete your account password despite having 2FA enabled? For obvious reasons, I'm unwilling to repeat this sequence of actions to find out...but if so, it seems like a bug.

Thanks,
Bruce

On Mon, Aug 9, 2021 at 8:44 AM Bruce Bowman <bruce.bowman@...> wrote:

Is it possible to delete your account password despite having 2FA enabled? For obvious reasons, I'm unwilling to repeat this sequence of actions to find out...but if so, it seems like a bug.

No, we do not allow you to delete your password if 2FA is enabled.

Please have him send an email to support and I'll get him sorted out.