Topics

moderated Merge hashtag message clarification #suggestion

Andy Wedge

Hi Mark,

I think the message stating which topics with one hashtag are going to be transferred to another could be clearer:

Can we substitute the hashtags in question into the message text?  For example:  Topics tagged with #dstest3 will be transferred to #dstest2

It makes it abundantly clear what's going to happen then.

Thanks,
Andy

Thanks Andy!

Can we substitute the hashtags in question into the message text?  For example:  Topics tagged with #dstest3 will be transferred to #dstest2

I've always been confounded by the antecedent to "this" on the existing page. Putting the names in the text resolves that nicely. Much better than the circumlocutions I've come up with.

Shal

Duane

Or even move the sentence so that it's above the Alias box and change it to "Note: Topics tagged with this hashtag will be transfered to the Alias hashtag."

Duane

On Mon, Feb 18, 2019 at 8:11 AM Andy W <andy_wedge@...> wrote:

Can we substitute the hashtags in question into the message text?  For example:  Topics tagged with #dstest3 will be transferred to #dstest2

It makes it abundantly clear what's going to happen then.

Done.