Topics

moderated [GMF] Spamfilter

peter holm <peterholm@...>

On 2/15/2019 8:14 AM, Peter Holm wrote:

It should be the owner's choice if spamfilter is enabled or not, and not groups.io developers!!!

Mark, please reconsider this.

Peter

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Re: [GMF] Spamfilter
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2019 05:56:40 -0800
From: Duane <txpigeon@...>
To: GroupManagersForum@groups.io

On Thu, Feb 14, 2019 at 07:47 AM, peter holm wrote:

It should be the owner's choice if spamfilter is enabled or not, and not groups.io developers!!!

Mark, please reconsider this.

Mark is the site owner (and developer, bug fixer, etc.) and has made his decision.  As was mentioned earlier, you could simply approve each member as they apply, then you wouldn't need any of the other settings for additional filtering.

No one from Groups.io management monitors this group.  If you want to make a suggestion for a change or improvement, you need to join the beta group and post it there, https://beta.groups.io/g/main

Help: https://groups.io/static/help
Search button at the top of Messages list

Jim Higgins

No. Please don't.

Settings that can affect the reputation of Groups.io should be limited as Groups.io sees fit. A group with no review of who signs up and no moderation of one or more initial messages for each new subscriber is a spammers dream. Enough spam from Groups.io to my ISP and my ISP may choose to block Groups.io, thus depriving me and anyone else at my ISP of Groups.io's services and damaging the reputation and business model of Groups.io.

Jim H

Received from peter holm at 2/15/2019 07:15 AM UTC: