Topics

moderated Comments below photos

Annick Phillips

I'm wondering if Mark is considering at all the option of adding comments below photos...whether that idea has been nixed or is it just low on the priority list.  My groups rely heavily on the photos we share and having to comment on them via messages, and the following acknowledgement of the messages by the photo poster, makes for volumes of messages that are burdensome for many members, even if they choose digest delivery or read from the website. The addition of a comment section below photos, like what we had at Yahoo, would greatly enhance our enjoyment of our groups. I would love to tell our members that it is still on the to-do list.
Annick

Chris Jones

On Sun, Jan 13, 2019 at 03:26 PM, Annick Phillips wrote:
The addition of a comment section below photos, like what we had at Yahoo, would greatly enhance our enjoyment of our groups. I would love to tell our members that it is still on the to-do list.
Unless you mean something different to my understanding, this capability exists now. Are you a member of the GMF? I ask because beta members cannot Create Albums / Upload Photos so I cannot do a demonstration sample for you here; if you are on GMF then I will do one there because creating an album is enabled.

Chris

Annick Phillips

Chris, I think you might be referring to the ability to write a description below a photo, which is not what I am talking about. On the Yahoo groups, when you hover over a photo a conversation bubble appears and when you click on it you can read the previous comments left and leave one yourself. I am on the GMF so if you know how to do this, and I somehow missed it, please do let me know there. Annick

Chris Jones

On Mon, Jan 14, 2019 at 03:00 PM, Annick Phillips wrote:
I think you might be referring to the ability to write a description below a photo, which is not what I am talking about.
You're right; I was. I am very reliably informed that the function you want is not available on Groups.io.

Sorry about any confusion that I may have caused.

Chris

Benoît Dumeaux

Like files l prefer to have a notification thread discussion about a photo.

When I upload a photo possibility to create a notification.

Add the permalink of the discussion behind the photo, add the number of likes, add a view of the discussion.

Benoît Dumeaux

To my opinion, comment below photo must open of linked to a topic to messages.
Maybe give to option to user to show his message of the topic to the photo comments.