moderated add "changed posting status" to the mod activity search terms #suggestion

There's no search term "changed posting status" in the dropdown for moderator activity (in fact, I can't find it as a search term in any of the activity logs), although such entries exist in the log. It would be convenient to have a search term for this.

It's there, but it's called "Poststatus changed".  It's one of the few that still don't quite match the idea.

Duane

Thanks. That term would fit for an action within the Member Activity ("xyz member's post status was changed by pqr moderator"), but not in the Moderator Activity ("pqr moderator changed xyz's posting status"). So I can see how it originated. At this point, not only does it not match the idea, but it also doesn't match the actual log entry. So this seems to have been just an oversight at the time of the changeover.

Marv Waschke

For what it is worth, I'd vote for "Posting status changes" for both changes driven by the user and moderator.
Best, Marv

On Sat, Dec 22, 2018 at 06:07 PM, Marv Waschke wrote:
I'd vote for "Posting status changes" for both changes driven by the user and moderator.
The member (user) can't change their own posting status.

"Changed posting status" would fit with the existing log entry, and is also consistent with the rest of the terms by including the action (verb) that the moderator took.

I haven't searched for the conversation that Duane indirectly references, but awhile back, Mark changed a lot of these (at our request, as I recall) to fit better with the action taken. This one evidently got its log entry term changed but not the corresponding search term. So all that's left to do is fix the search term to make it match the log entry.

Marv,  I think I misread your comment. Revisiting your suggestion, maybe you were referring to the action taken on the member, appearing in the member activity log. Even so, I favor keeping the same term ("xyz changed pqr's posting status") for both logs. I think that's what's done for the analogous actions.

Marv Waschke

I misspoke. I was thinking, wrongly, members are able to change their posting status. I am a moderator in a group where the owner changes users posting statuses occasionally. The owner makes all the real decisions and I am only there to suss out the few technical issues. When I recently received a request to moderate a comment from a member who posts frequently, I went to the activity log to see how and when the status was changed, in case something was twisted.

The text in the log is fine, but the drop down for searching the event log is long and somewhat unwieldy and it took me more time than I thought it should have to find the "Postingstatus changed" option. I expected to find it with the options that start with "Change..." I was suggesting a very minor change, and the problem it would solve is likely mine and mine alone.

Ten seconds more thought and I would have held my tongue. :)
Best, Marv