moderated Test for Groups.io signature append

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

This message is originating from Outlook 2016, for the same e-mail account that I am registered under at Groups.io for all groups I participate in.

I do not have any sort of signature pre-configured in Outlook, and have never had my Gmail webmail signature appended to messages for this account that I did not originate using Gmail webmail.

So, let’s see if my Fran Leibowitz quote that’s currently set for the Beta group to be used when either web posting or e-mail posting automagically appears on this message in the Groups.io web forum interface, which is what I would expect.  Also, those of you reading via e-mail, does anything show up when my message arrives in your inbox?

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

OK, it did show up this time, and this is the first time I've experimented with originating a topic.  This reply is coming from the web interface.  The next will come via e-mail.

This message has the signature as any that I ever create via the web interface do.

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

Reply from Outlook 2016.  I am cutting out the quoted material below, which I would normally do if retention is not necessary for context.

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

2nd reply from web interface.  I'm now wondering if this is something related to how Groups.io and Gmail interact when Gmail's webmail interface is used.  I did replies this morning exactly like my first reply using Outlook 2016, including deleting old material, and that signature is not here in Group Help.

Yes, the quote is there.

On Fri, Dec 7, 2018 at 08:10 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
it did show up this time, and this is the first time I've experimented with originating a topic
I still think that may be the key. The sig is appended below all the prior messages in the conversation thread. So perhaps your email is "helpfully" trimming those for you?