moderated Test for Groups.io signature append

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

This message is originating from Outlook 2016, for the same e-mail account that I am registered under at Groups.io for all groups I participate in.

I do not have any sort of signature pre-configured in Outlook, and have never had my Gmail webmail signature appended to messages for this account that I did not originate using Gmail webmail.

So, let’s see if my Fran Leibowitz quote that’s currently set for the Beta group to be used when either web posting or e-mail posting automagically appears on this message in the Groups.io web forum interface, which is what I would expect.  Also, those of you reading via e-mail, does anything show up when my message arrives in your inbox?

--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 
The terrible state of public education has paid huge dividends in ignorance.  Huge.  We now have a country that can be told blatant lies — easily checkable, blatant lies — and I’m not talking about the covert workings of the CIA. When we have a terrorist attack, on September 11, 2001 with 19 men — 15 of them are Saudis — and five minutes later the whole country thinks they’re from Iraq — how can you have faith in the public? This is an easily checkable fact. The whole country is like the O.J. Simpson jurors.

~ Fran Lebowitz in Ruminator Magazine interview with Susannah McNeely (Aug/Sept 2005)

OK, it did show up this time, and this is the first time I've experimented with originating a topic.  This reply is coming from the web interface.  The next will come via e-mail.

This message has the signature as any that I ever create via the web interface do.

--

The terrible state of public education has paid huge dividends in ignorance.  Huge.  We now have a country that can be told blatant lies — easily checkable, blatant lies — and I’m not talking about the covert workings of the CIA. When we have a terrorist attack, on September 11, 2001 with 19 men — 15 of them are Saudis — and five minutes later the whole country thinks they’re from Iraq — how can you have faith in the public? This is an easily checkable fact. The whole country is like the O.J. Simpson jurors.

~ Fran Lebowitz in Ruminator Magazine interview with Susannah McNeely (Aug/Sept 2005)

Reply from Outlook 2016.  I am cutting out the quoted material below, which I would normally do if retention is not necessary for context.

--

2nd reply from web interface.  I'm now wondering if this is something related to how Groups.io and Gmail interact when Gmail's webmail interface is used.  I did replies this morning exactly like my first reply using Outlook 2016, including deleting old material, and that signature is not here in Group Help.

--

Yes, the quote is there.

On Fri, Dec 7, 2018 at 8:08 PM Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

This message is originating from Outlook 2016, for the same e-mail account that I am registered under at Groups.io for all groups I participate in.

I do not have any sort of signature pre-configured in Outlook, and have never had my Gmail webmail signature appended to messages for this account that I did not originate using Gmail webmail.

So, let’s see if my Fran Leibowitz quote that’s currently set for the Beta group to be used when either web posting or e-mail posting automagically appears on this message in the Groups.io web forum interface, which is what I would expect.  Also, those of you reading via e-mail, does anything show up when my message arrives in your inbox?

--

--
J

Messages are the sole opinion of the author, especially the fishy ones.
My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together. - Desmond Tutu

On Fri, Dec 7, 2018 at 08:10 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
it did show up this time, and this is the first time I've experimented with originating a topic
I still think that may be the key. The sig is appended below all the prior messages in the conversation thread. So perhaps your email is "helpfully" trimming those for you?

--
J

Messages are the sole opinion of the author, especially the fishy ones.
My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together. - Desmond Tutu