Topics

moderated Site updates #changelog

Changes to the site this week:

  • CHANGE: Changed the Action menu in the Members page, pulling email delivery and moderation options into dialogs. This makes the Actions dropdown smaller, so it works better on mobile, and is preparation for other options being added.
  • NEW: When viewing an event, show the person who created the event.
  • NEW: Added event organizer information to event reminder emails.
  • CHANGE: Changed how messages are sorted in digests. We now sort by date and then group by topic, which is slightly different from before. Now, the date of the first message we're showing in the topic determines the sort order of the topic, not the date of the first message ever in the topic.
  • BUGFIX: We were not properly escaping newlines in the DESCRIPTION field in ICS files.
  • BUGFIX: For tables with HTML Paragraph columns that were not the first column, the HTML edit widget was not properly initialized when adding/editing a row.
  • CHANGE: When viewing a photo, the links to next/previous photos now extend the full height of the photo.
  • BUGFIX: The Subscribe to Calendar button was improperly disabled for some subgroups.
  • BUGFIX: Fix table csv imports of addresses, where the city field was being populated by the address line 2.
  • CHANGE: Only display the Email link on a member's profile if the group's directory is visible to members.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Mark

Dave Sergeant

On 26 Oct 2018 at 21:12, Mark Fletcher wrote:

NEW: When viewing an event, show the person who created the event. -
NEW: Added event organizer information to event reminder emails.
Is the event organiser a new piece of information we input when we
create an event, or is it just the person who created the event - ie
are these the same person?

I have created events on our group (in that I added them to groups.io)
but I am certainly not the 'organiser' of those events and hardly want
this to be stated in the reminder emails. In our case there is no
organiser, the events (on-air amateur radio gatherings) just happen and
who ever is around joins in.

Dave

http://davesergeant.com

Tom Vail

Hi Mark,

While the idea of including the "By" on the calendar is likely a good idea for some, maybe most, it is a very bad idea in our application.  We have a single person doing most of the calendar entries, but they are not the one responsible for the event.  Linking to their name will only cause confusion among the troops!

I would like to suggest that this be an option on the Event build page and default to "Do not show By Name."

With that said, having the ability to supply another member in the "By Name" field would be helpful for us and accomplish what I believe you were trying to do originally.

Thanks for all you do.

Peace,
Tom

On Fri, Oct 26, 2018 at 10:26 PM Dave Sergeant <dave@...> wrote:
On 26 Oct 2018 at 21:12, Mark Fletcher wrote:

> NEW: When viewing an event, show the person who created the event. -
> NEW: Added event organizer information to event reminder emails.

Is the event organiser a new piece of information we input when we
create an event, or is it just the person who created the event - ie
are these the same person?

There are event organizer/phone number fields in the event. Those get sent in the reminders. The person who created the event is displayed when you view the event on the website.

Cheers,
Mark

Tom Vail

On Sat, Oct 27, 2018 at 09:18 AM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
There are event organizer/phone number fields in the event. Those get sent in the reminders. The person who created the event is displayed when you view the event on the website.

Yes, but there is not a way to link to the member's profile as the "By" link does.  All I'm suggesting it you make the new field optional, with a default of off.

Thanks for your consideration.

Peace,
Tom

Michael Pavan

On Oct 27, 2018, at 10:47 AM, Tom Vail <@tomvail> wrote:

While the idea of including the "By" on the calendar is likely a good idea for some, maybe most, it is a very bad idea in our application. We have a single person doing most of the calendar entries, but they are not the one responsible for the event. Linking to their name will only cause confusion among the troops!
“By:” is the person who entered the Event in the Calendar

“Organizer:” is where you put contact information to find out more about the Event

Perhaps you should be suggesting that:
“By:” be changed to: “Calendar entry made by:”
and
“Organizer:” be changed to: “For more Event information:”

Tom Vail

On Mon, Oct 29, 2018 at 03:15 PM, Michael Pavan wrote:
Perhaps you should be suggesting that:
“By:” be changed to: “Calendar entry made by:”
and
“Organizer:” be changed to: “For more Event information:”
I don't care what you call it, the "Calendar entry made by" name is irrelevant and confusing in our application.  I fully understand that on the surface it seems like a good idea and in many cases it would work well, just not ours.

Peace,
Tom