Topics

moderated Google calendar integration #suggestion

Susan Kaiden <suekaiden@...>

Hi Everyone - I'm trying to determine if there is a way for us to sync our calendar with a google calendar.  We are not an Enterprise account but have a website that we'd like to share information with - specifically about upcoming meetings - and we're using a Google Calendar to publicize our events to our website.  We also have a Facebook group and would like to be able to integrate with that group.  Anyone else looking for this type of feature?

Toby Kraft

These features are already present.
From the Help page, "You can get help with Groups.io from the articles below. If you'd like more assistance or have questions, please check out the Group Managers Forum."

see -> https://groups.io/static/features:
"Facebook - Post to your group whenever there is an update to a Facebook Page.", see Admin -> Integrations
see -> https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum/wiki/Sync-with-your-Google-Calendar

Please use this forum to request new features
Thanks
Toby

No there is no way to sync a Google Calendar yet. I am on the free option but maybe someone can report if it is in the paid version.

Bruce Bowman

On Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 04:43 PM, Robert Kingett wrote:
No there is no way to sync a Google Calendar yet.
You can subscribe your GIO calendar to your Google calendar. Open your GIO calendar, scroll to the bottom, and click on the "Subscribe the Calendar" button. A dialog box will pop up giving the feed URL (it ends in feed.ics). Punch that into your Google calendar and you're done. Be advised that the calendars are synced by polling...it could take up to 24 hours for your Google calendar to reflect changes to any GIO entries.

At this time there is no way to subscribe your Google calendar to GIO. So in that sense, the two calendars cannot be "synced."

Regards,
Bruce

Susan Kaiden <suekaiden@...>

Hi, Thanks. We only want to do it one way GIO to Google calendar so that would work, I think!

On Mon, Oct 15, 2018, 5:16 PM Bruce Bowman <bruce.bowman@...> wrote:
On Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 04:43 PM, Robert Kingett wrote:
No there is no way to sync a Google Calendar yet.
You can subscribe your GIO calendar to your Google calendar. Open your GIO calendar, scroll to the bottom, and click on the "Subscribe the Calendar" button. A dialog box will pop up giving the feed URL (it ends in feed.ics). Punch that into your Google calendar and you're done. Be advised that the calendars are synced by polling...it could take up to 24 hours for your Google calendar to reflect changes to any GIO entries.

At this time there is no way to subscribe your Google calendar to GIO. So in that sense, the two calendars cannot be "synced."

Regards,
Bruce

Susan Kaiden <suekaiden@...>

Hi. We wanted to update the Facebook group when an event is added to the GIO group, not the other way around. Sorry if I misread the information on the site, but that is what it sounded like to me.

We're in the process of migrating our group over so we're trying to work out the various links.

Thanks!

On Mon, Oct 15, 2018, 4:21 PM Toby Kraft <toby@...> wrote:
These features are already present.
From the Help page, "You can get help with Groups.io from the articles below. If you'd like more assistance or have questions, please check out the Group Managers Forum."

see -> https://groups.io/static/features:
"Facebook - Post to your group whenever there is an update to a Facebook Page.", see Admin -> Integrations
see -> https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum/wiki/Sync-with-your-Google-Calendar

Please use this forum to request new features
Thanks
Toby

Benoît Dumeaux

On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 12:14 AM, Susan Kaiden wrote:
Hi. We wanted to update the Facebook group when an event is added to the GIO group, not the other way around. Sorry if I misread the information on the site, but that is what it sounded like to me.
“Share Google Calendar events on your Facebook Page”
https://zapier.com/apps/facebook-pages/integrations/google-calendar/3314/post-a-google-event-calendar-entry-to-facebook-pages-post