moderated Make "Resend Conformation" an option on the Pending Members "Action" button. #suggestion

Charlie McB

Being relatively new as a Groups.io owner, it took me a while to find out how to resend a confirmation message to a pending member.  The placement of this function (at the bottom of the member settings page) was not intuitive to me.  Can this "Resend Confirmation Message" be added as an option on the "Action" drop-down menu on the Pending Members page?  That was where I naturally looked. "Resend Pending Membership Notice" is an "Action" option, so it seems reasonable to put "Resend Confirmation Message" there too.

Thanks,

                 -- Charlie

I think in general it's very confusing as to which member actions are included in the dropdown vs. which are at the bottom of the page. It might be preferable to just include them all in the dropdown.

Bruce Bowman

On Sun, Oct 14, 2018 at 05:35 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
I think in general it's very confusing as to which member actions are included in the dropdown vs. which are at the bottom of the page.
Which buttons appear (obviously) depend on which member view you are in. For example, it strikes me as appropriate that the "resend bounce probe" button does not appear if you haven't filtered the display for Bouncing members.

If they were all folded into the dropdown then some of them would have to either automagically disappear or be deactivated. What happens if you were in the main display and checked the boxes for an active subscriber, one with a Bouncing tag, and a third with an NC tag? Which dropdown menu items would you have activated in that case?

While opportunities for improvement may exist, in practice I'm not convinced that putting everything in the dropdown will be any less confusing.

Regards,
Bruce

On Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 06:52 AM, Bruce Bowman wrote:
If they were all folded into the dropdown then some of them would have to either automagically disappear or be deactivated
Exactly right, realized that immediately after sending.