Topics

locked "made thread sticky" or "closed thread" doesn't appear in activity log #suggestion #bug

This is either a wishlist item or a bug: making a thread a sticky or closing it did not appear in the activity log(s). I'm not sure what the criteria are for making it into the activity log, but it seems these actions should qualify.

J_catlady

Duane

I don't think sticky should be needed in the log. Once that's done, it has the pin symbol and will be at the top of the Thread View. And if/when unstickied, it becomes just another thread.

I also can't think of a reason to have Closed in the log. It would just not allow further replies/posts. Do you have a particular situation in mind?

Duane

Yes, I would want to know who did the action if there is more than one mod in the group. Aren't there are other actions showing up in the log when it's obvious they've been done but not obvious who did them?

On Sun, Dec 20, 2015 at 9:10 AM, Duane <txpigeon@...> wrote:
I don't think sticky should be needed in the log.  Once that's done, it has the pin symbol and will be at the top of the Thread View.  And if/when unstickied, it becomes just another thread.

I also can't think of a reason to have Closed in the log.  It would just not allow further replies/posts.  Do you have a particular situation in mind?

Olivia_J
On the internet, nobody knows you're a cat

On Sun, Dec 20, 2015 at 09:10 am, Duane wrote:
I don't think sticky should be needed in the log. Once that's done, it has the pin symbol and will be at the top of the Thread View. And if/when unstickied, it becomes just another thread.

 By that reasoning, no accepted messages should show up in the log, either, because they're showing up in the messages.

Also the date they were done would be of interest. That would show up in the log.