Topics

locked POLL: Change Archives to Messages?

Laurence Taylor

On 23/01/2015 18:55, Mark Fletcher wrote:
Should we change the name Archives to Messages?
Yes. Call the messages messages.

--
rgds
LAurence

ro-esp

Sure

Having a poll-feature would be nice too

On 1/23/2015 5:42 PM, JohnF via GROUPS.IO wrote:
I prefer "Messages" to "Archives" as well. Archives comes from the
listserv practice where it's assumed everyone gets mail, and no one has
to look at old messages unless they're really wanting to look at OLD
messages. Messages is better when there may be some people who don't
get mail and just want to read on the web.
Can I add a "like" or a "+1" to John's message?

8-)

dg

I prefer "Messages" to "Archives" as well.  Archives comes from the listserv practice where it's assumed everyone gets mail, and no one has to look at old messages unless they're really wanting to look at OLD messages.  Messages is better when there may be some people who don't get mail and just want to read on the web.

JohnF

On 1/23/2015 10:55 AM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
Should we change the name Archives to Messages?
Yes, please.

dg

RS

I'd agree as well.

Nightowl >8#

I think so. I think that would alleviate a lot of confusion. I also think of archives as older messages not current threads being posted in.

So I vote Yes.

Brenda

I vote yes. Messages makes more sense. When I think of Archives, I think of something in storage, historical documents, and such.

Donna

Should we change the name Archives to Messages?
I think is is clearer to the typical group users. - Dano

Judy F.

Yes.

Thank you.

Judy F.

SW Florida - USA

Should we change the name Archives to Messages?

That sounds like a good alternative. I think I'd like Message Archives a bit better.  Gee, too bad there's not a POLL function on this site. (VBG)

Duane

Yes please.

Robert

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the O2 network.
Should we change the name Archives to Messages?

Frances

Hi

I vote yes - Messages.

Clearer than Archives.

It is familiar - YahooGroups uses Messages within the body of the page, as in “3 messages added in the last 7 days” and “New Messages”. Not “Conversations” which YG uses for its dropdown menu.

Frances