Topics

locked group-page, top

On 1/23/2015 1:11 AM, ro-esp wrote:

I agree with those who prefer the term "messages" to "archive".Please do
NOT call it "conversations"

In the archive/messages I would prefer a chronological order, not newest
on top.

As to the term "inbox".... I sincerely hope that is reserved for what I
see in my email-account, and not used for anything on a iogroups-website
And I agree with these - though for #2, I have reluctantly gotten used
to Yahoo and the newest being "on top" in the web list of messages.
In my email - everything is sorted with newest on the bottom - and
in the order they got to my inbox.

dg

On 1/23/2015 1:11 AM, ro-esp wrote:

Can we opt out of those top-thingies? Discussing is not a contest, and
neither a subject nor a poster is "more important" because of more
prolific messages
Yes, please!

Nothing to make any "forum" turn into more noise than signal than
something indicating who is the "top". One of my biggest annoyances
about LinkedIn.

dg

ro-esp

6g. Re: [beta] New Subscription Options
From: Frances <travel@...>

By workaround, I mean that Groups.io is not designed to feature posts on each groups home page.
makes sense. featuring posts would be limited to public groups

When you go to your group, you see this:
https://groups.io/org/groupsio/beta <https://groups.io/org/groupsio/beta>

No actual posts are shown, just the top posters, the top hashtags, and the message history.
Can we opt out of those top-thingies? Discussing is not a contest, and neither a subject nor a poster is "more important" because of more prolific messages

However, I now see that Mark has put in a link to the archive (In box)
I agree with those who prefer the term "messages" to "archive".Please do NOT call it "conversations"

In the archive/messages I would prefer a chronological order, not newest on top.

As to the term "inbox".... I sincerely hope that is reserved for what I see in my email-account, and not used for anything on a iogroups-website

groetjes, Ronaldo

--
http://www.esperanto.net http://www.moneyasdebt.net