locked (?) "poststatus changed" not showing in moderator activity #bug


 

I was running some tests today and changed my own status to moderated so that i could give the other mods in my test group a chance to try out approving, editing, and rejecting messages. This action didn't show up in "moderator activity" and also didn't show up when I specifically checked "poststatus changed" under moderator activity. Not sure whether this is just planned and not yet implemented, or is a bug.

One positive comment I got from the group (this is a group of pets yahoo group moderators who are also considering to moving to Groups.io): they're glad that they can send a message to explain a rejected post.

Olivia_J


 

On Sat, Dec 12, 2015 at 4:36 PM, oliviaj_catlady <oliviajcatlady@...> wrote:

I was running some tests today and changed my own status to moderated so that i could give the other mods in my test group a chance to try out approving, editing, and rejecting messages. This action didn't show up in "moderator activity" and also didn't show up when I specifically checked "poststatus changed" under moderator activity. Not sure whether this is just planned and not yet implemented, or is a bug.

It should show up under Moderator Activity as 'SuchandSuch changed SuchandSuch's delivery via web'. I tested it and it worked for me. Please let me know if you still can't find it.

Thanks,
MarkĀ 


 

Mark,

It shows up as you say. The problem is that I didn't change the "Email Delivery" setting. I changed the "Posting Privileges" setting. I think that internally it is being set to the incorrect thing, since it appears as "changed delivery" and does not show up when you select "poststatus changed" in the Moderator Activity search. (While you're at it, I think it would be better to make those match. It's called "Posting Privileges" in the setting, but "poststatus" in the search criteria.)

Another bug I discovered while I was at it: When I change somebody from or to being a moderator, that activity shows up as two records in the log, with the exact same text both times: "oliviaj_catlady changed XYZ's moderator privileges via the web." I'm guessing this is due to the fact that changing someone from or to being a mod ALSO changes their privileges, by default. But perhaps changing someone from or to being a mod would be more accurately called "changed XYZ's role," since that's what the setting is called. It would also avoid what looks in the log as if TWO of the same actions happened.

Olivia_J