locked Certificate errors?

Hi All,

I received a report of someone experiencing a certificate error when accessing the Groups.io website. I renewed our certificate several weeks ago, and my guess is that somehow their browser is still seeing the old certificate. But I have no idea why this would happen. Please let me know if you or any of your members experience this.

I see your new certificate OK on my end. My questions for the person experiencing it would be:

1. Which browser/operating system? (Mobile?)

2. Does Control-F5 fix the problem? (Mobile: Reload, or delete cache.)

3. Is this user using an SSL proxy server? (They probably won't know what this is.)

4. What does the certificate in the error say? (Maybe someone really is trying to spoof the site for this user.)

Though the new certificate should be picked up regardless of all that.

I know you switched versions recently (from the one with the gray headers to the one with the blue headers). Is there any chance the version with the gray headers is still out there somewhere, with the old certificate, accessible by whatever this person is doing?

JohnF

Just to follow up on this, it turns out the problem was with an anti-virus program the person was running on her machine. Once it was disabled, the correct certificate was loaded and the problem was fixed.

Cheers,
Mark