Topics

locked Transfer of groups and Subgroups

Sharon Villines

1. When a list is transferred do the members still appear on the old list after transfer of the list? I’m thinking if they stay I can set an automatic reply to new messages to send them to the new list address. When need for these messages stops, I can delete everything from the old list.

2. Do members of subgroups have to first join the main list. (I’m hoping yes).

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines, Historic Takoma Park, Washington DC
Where all roads lead to Casablanca

Sharon,

1. When a list is transferred do the members still appear on the old
list after transfer of the list?
Yes. The Easy Groups Transfer does not make any changes to the Yahoo Group (or Google Group). It might more accurately be called a "Copy".

2. Do members of subgroups have to first join the main list. (I’m
hoping yes).
Yes.

These and other questions are welcome in the user-to-user help groups. See also Mark's message #10525 regarding Changes to beta@ to reduce the traffic here.
https://groups.io/g/beta/message/10525