Topics

locked Yahoo delays

Hi All,

Around 3am pacific this morning, Yahoo Mail started deferring email from us. According to their website, the deferral should last around 4 hours, and indeed it does look like they're starting to accept email from us again. No messages should be lost, just delayed.

I have no insight into why they did this. But I have just turned on FBL processing again for the yahoo.com, att.net and sbcglobal.net domains (in addition to the already resumed aol.com).

Sharon Villines

I doubt if it is anything personal. They do this periodically for maintenance. I’ve never been notified; it just happens.

Sharon
TakomaDC

On Aug 25, 2016, at 10:44 AM, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

Hi All,

Around 3am pacific this morning, Yahoo Mail started deferring email from us. According to their website, the deferral should last around 4 hours, and indeed it does look like they're starting to accept email from us again. No messages should be lost, just delayed.

I have no insight into why they did this. But I have just turned on FBL processing again for the yahoo.com, att.net and sbcglobal.net domains (in addition to the already resumed aol.com).

Rebecca's <sierraflowr@...>

Hi, i'm new to the groups.io
Dont know if this is even what you're talking about, but yahoogroups continues to not allow me to post from Google mail through my Mac IMail. It will if I do it on my IPod. Its strange. Anyway. just pointing it out thats all.

Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared." ~Buddha

Rebecca's

On Aug 25, 2016, at 7:44 AM, Mark Fletcher wrote:

Hi All,

Around 3am pacific this morning, Yahoo Mail started deferring email from us. According to their website, the deferral should last around 4 hours, and indeed it does look like they're starting to accept email from us again. No messages should be lost, just delayed.

I have no insight into why they did this. But I have just turned on FBL processing again for the yahoo.com, att.net and sbcglobal.net domains (in addition to the already resumed aol.com).

Mark,

But I have just turned on FBL processing again for the yahoo.com,
att.net and sbcglobal.net domains (in addition to the already resumed
aol.com).
Don't forget Yahoo Mail's other domains: ymail.com and rocketmail.com.

Shal
https://groups.io/g/Group_Help
https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum

On Thu, Aug 25, 2016 at 11:37 PM, Shal Farley <shals2nd@...> wrote:
Mark,

> But I have just turned on FBL processing again for the yahoo.com,
> att.net and sbcglobal.net domains (in addition to the already resumed
> aol.com).

Don't forget Yahoo Mail's other domains: ymail.com and rocketmail.com.

Ah, thanks. Added.

(Been quiet on beta@ because I've been heads down trying to finish up enterprise stuff. Should be popping my head up again shortly.)

Mark