Topics

moderated Replying (was: Footer variations in individual emails)

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

Ronaldo,

            If you read what others have said, you'll get why the need is there.   It is a grand PITA, particularly if you can't see, to attempt to extract the originating member's e-mail address from the headers on the message.

            I can do that with ease, but others can't.

ro-esp

On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 05:00 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:

Or even a line that reads:   This message was sent by <fill in from address
here>

The problem is, as you've noted, that there is no easy way for a plain-text
message recipient to "go private" with the originator of any given message, at
least in the e-mail interface.
Hold on, this is getting confusing (I read digest..).
Unless your group allows anonymous posts, I don't see the problem. On properly configurated listserves, my email-program will show who the sender was, and give me the choice to reply to the group or to the sender. If on digest, I will just have to copy-and-paste the private email-address and edit out the irrelevant pieces of quote.
Only on yahoogroups (and this is a rather recent thing) I have to scroll all the way to the bottom of the individual message to see who the sender was (which is annoying, especially if (s)he doesn't trim).

groetjes, Ronaldo