moderated groups.io security

Marvin Hunkin <neilmarvin@...>

Hi. have noticed someone spoofing on a number of groups, I am on, and pretending to be me, or another person, and so, I know groups.io has multiple servers, databases, and multiple redundencies. My question is, how can groups.io better protect security from such people as spoofing, and also hacking the site. So what measures, does mark or the other owners of the site. This is becoming a problem. And did speak to a owner of a group, and the only way to then get rid of the spoofer, which was extreme, on techtalk-chat, was to put the whole group in moderation. And think the owner did find the person who was spoofing, but not an easy process. Any thoughts.

Marvin.

Frances

Hi

I think you can moderate just one person. Go to Members. Select the member. Change their posting privilege.

Posting Privileges
Use Group Moderation Setting
Override: not moderated
Override: moderated
Override: new user moderated
Override: not allowed to post

Frances

On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 02:29 AM, Marvin Hunkin wrote:

the only way to then get rid of the spoofer, which was extreme, on
techtalk-chat, was to put the whole group in moderation.
Yes, it is the only way. I run my own mailserver, I know all the technical details of email. I have my whole group on moderation for years (indefinitely) because of a spoofer. A spoofer has the choice between all the mailservers your group members use. If groups.io tries to impose strict incoming email policies, lots of legitimate members of other groups will become unable to post via email.

--
Lena

Michael Pavan

I think you can moderate just one person. Go to Members. Select the member. Change their posting privilege.
Only Owners and empowered Moderators can moderate individual members

Posting Privileges
Use Group Moderation Setting
Override: not moderated
Override: moderated
Override: new user moderated
Override: not allowed to post

YT9TP - Pedja

Have you set Sender Policy Framework (SPF) for your mail domain?
Groups.io should follow that.