Topics

moderated Groups.io survey


 

Hi All,

I'm looking for feedback that will help me prioritize feature development, and have put together a short survey. If you're a Groups.io owner or moderator, I would appreciate it if you could spend a minute answering it. Also, please pass this along to other owners/moderators.


Thank you!

Mark


Joseph Hudson <jhud7789@...>
 

Mark, I just tried to take your survey using the latest version of Mac OS what is high Sierra at the moment. Was wondering, why can't we type and numbering for the first question? The answer box has no edit box. There's an edit boxing question where yet but it doesn't let you type in there either. So wondering what might be going on.

On Sep 17, 2018, at 12:04 PM, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

Hi All,

I'm looking for feedback that will help me prioritize feature development, and have put together a short survey. If you're a Groups.io owner or moderator, I would appreciate it if you could spend a minute answering it. Also, please pass this along to other owners/moderators.

https://goo.gl/forms/I9WjqPjnyS472noS2

Thank you!

Mark


 

Hi Joseph,
On Mon, Sep 17, 2018 at 10:38 AM Joseph Hudson <jhud7789@...> wrote:
Mark, I just tried to take your survey using the latest version of Mac OS what is high Sierra at the moment. Was wondering, why can't we type and numbering for the first question? The answer box has no edit box. There's an edit boxing question where yet but it doesn't let you type in there either. So wondering what might be going on.

Unfortunately I don't have answers for you; I'm just using Google Forms. You're using a screenreader?  I'm surprised there would be issues.

Mark


Dave Sergeant
 

It all worked fine here Joseph using Palemoon.

Thanks Mark.

Dave

On 17 Sep 2018 at 12:37, Joseph Hudson wrote:

Mark, I just tried to take your survey using the latest version of Mac
OS what is high Sierra at the moment. Was wondering, why can't we type
and numbering for the first question? The answer box has no edit box.
There's an edit boxing question where yet but it doesn't let you type in
there either. So wondering what might be going on.

http://davesergeant.com


Joseph Hudson <jhud7789@...>
 

Yes I am using a screen reader something car voiceover. Which is apples screenwriter are iPhones, and MacBook computers would it be a problem to use survey monkey? I know I can fill out this form on survey monkey as I've had no problems with that particular software.

On Sep 17, 2018, at 12:52 PM, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

Hi Joseph,
On Mon, Sep 17, 2018 at 10:38 AM Joseph Hudson <jhud7789@...> wrote:
Mark, I just tried to take your survey using the latest version of Mac OS what is high Sierra at the moment. Was wondering, why can't we type and numbering for the first question? The answer box has no edit box. There's an edit boxing question where yet but it doesn't let you type in there either. So wondering what might be going on.

Unfortunately I don't have answers for you; I'm just using Google Forms. You're using a screenreader? I'm surprised there would be issues.

Mark


Michael Pavan
 

I had no problem with submitting my survey on a July 2017 MacBook Pro with a fully updated High Sierra (OS 10.13.6) and Safari 11.1.2 - I just checked and see I can update Safari to 12.0 and so will do that now...


Joseph Hudson <jhud7789@...>
 

Michael I could've answered all the other questions. Question one would've been left unanswered which most certainly things every question is required before submitting. Because put some want was the only thing I was having an issue with. Otherwise the survey would've been submitted. I am using voice over, on my MacBook Pro 2000 14 model. What's the latest version of high Sierra. I have not upgraded to 10.12 yet.

On Sep 17, 2018, at 1:08 PM, Michael Pavan <@mjp> wrote:

I had no problem with submitting my survey on a July 2017 MacBook Pro with a fully updated High Sierra (OS 10.13.6) and Safari 11.1.2 - I just checked and see I can update Safari to 12.0 and so will do that now...






Michael Pavan
 

On Sep 17, 2018, at 2:14 PM, Joseph Hudson <jhud7789@...> wrote:

Michael I could've answered all the other questions. Question one would've been left unanswered which most certainly things every question is required before submitting.
The first question was:
"How many years have you been moderating groups (on Groups.io and elsewhere)?"

I had no problem answering: 18 years
I might be missing something, but I would guess you could skip that or any other question and if an answer were required it would tell you that when you submitted...

Because put some want was the only thing I was having an issue with. Otherwise the survey would've been submitted.

I am using voice over, on my MacBook Pro 2000 14 model.
I don’t know anything about voice over, other than VOIP is a way to make phone call with your computer over the Internet...

What's the latest version of high Sierra. I have not upgraded to 10.12 yet.
OS 10.13.6
Safari (browser) latest is 12.0


Joseph Hudson <jhud7789@...>
 

Yeah well I'm not talking about Boyd. I'm talking about voiceover which is apples version of a screen reader. I'm glad that you were able to answer the question. But I was unable to type in the answer area to answer the question that's the point I was trying to make. I see I'm getting nowhere.

On Sep 17, 2018, at 1:34 PM, Michael Pavan <@mjp> wrote:


On Sep 17, 2018, at 2:14 PM, Joseph Hudson <jhud7789@...> wrote:

Michael I could've answered all the other questions. Question one would've been left unanswered which most certainly things every question is required before submitting.
The first question was:
"How many years have you been moderating groups (on Groups.io and elsewhere)?"

I had no problem answering: 18 years
I might be missing something, but I would guess you could skip that or any other question and if an answer were required it would tell you that when you submitted...

Because put some want was the only thing I was having an issue with. Otherwise the survey would've been submitted.

I am using voice over, on my MacBook Pro 2000 14 model.
I don’t know anything about voice over, other than VOIP is a way to make phone call with your computer over the Internet...

What's the latest version of high Sierra. I have not upgraded to 10.12 yet.
OS 10.13.6
Safari (browser) latest is 12.0





andy t
 

Hello Joseph, I just did the survey with jaws but I had a heck of a time
doing it.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@beta.groups.io <main@beta.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joseph Hudson
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2018 1:38 PM
To: main@beta.groups.io
Subject: Re: [beta] Groups.io survey

Mark, I just tried to take your survey using the latest version of Mac OS
what is high Sierra at the moment. Was wondering, why can't we type and
numbering for the first question? The answer box has no edit box. There's an
edit boxing question where yet but it doesn't let you type in there either.
So wondering what might be going on.
On Sep 17, 2018, at 12:04 PM, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

Hi All,

I'm looking for feedback that will help me prioritize feature development,
and have put together a short survey. If you're a Groups.io owner or
moderator, I would appreciate it if you could spend a minute answering it.
Also, please pass this along to other owners/moderators.

https://goo.gl/forms/I9WjqPjnyS472noS2

Thank you!

Mark


andy t
 

Hello Mark, I just took the survey but I had a heck of a time using jaws you have to keep playing with the tab and inter key I wouldn’t think there would be any problems but sometime who knows what goes on behind the scenes.

 

From: main@beta.groups.io <main@beta.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mark Fletcher
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2018 1:53 PM
To: main@beta.groups.io
Subject: Re: [beta] Groups.io survey

 

Hi Joseph,

On Mon, Sep 17, 2018 at 10:38 AM Joseph Hudson <jhud7789@...> wrote:

Mark, I just tried to take your survey using the latest version of Mac OS what is high Sierra at the moment. Was wondering, why can't we type and numbering for the first question? The answer box has no edit box. There's an edit boxing question where yet but it doesn't let you type in there either. So wondering what might be going on.

Unfortunately I don't have answers for you; I'm just using Google Forms. You're using a screenreader?  I'm surprised there would be issues.

 

Mark


Sharon Villines
 

I’m using Mac OS High Sierra and Safari. I had no problem filling in the fields.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
TakomaDC@Groups.io
"Neighbors Talking to Neighbors”
Takoma Park DC and MD


Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>
 

Just reporting that it worked fine for me under Chrome (and not using a screen reader).

--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 
     Explanations exist; they have existed for all time; there is always a well-known solution to every human problem — neat, plausible, and wrong.

          ~ H.L. Mencken, AKA The Sage of Baltimore


 

We need a survey to ask how hard answering the survey was. ;p
--
J

Messages are the sole opinion of the author, especially the fishy ones.
My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together. - Desmond Tutu


Leeni
 

I had no trouble answering it at all. Ilene 
 
 
 
 

-------Original Message-------
 
From: J_Catlady
Date: 09/17/18 16:01:50
Subject: Re: [beta] Groups.io survey
 
We need a survey to ask how hard answering the survey was. ;p
--
J

Messages are the sole opinion of the author, especially the fishy ones.
My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together. - Desmond Tutu

 


Joseph Hudson <jhud7789@...>
 

I think some of you're missing the point. The point was, that I was using a Mac with voiceover. Which is a screen reader that the blind and visually impaired use in order to read the screen on the computer. This right here, it was white was brought up on GMF about us having our own forum so that we can discuss our own issues pertaining to groups.Io now, I can see everything else just finds it since question number one was unable to be answered because there was no edit field to typing. I was not able to make Google forms act correctly, when trying to type my answer for the question. Everything else was fine. And I think that each and everyone of our opinions is definitely needed here.

On Sep 17, 2018, at 3:39 PM, Sharon Villines via Groups.Io <sharon=sharonvillines.com@groups.io> wrote:

I’m using Mac OS High Sierra and Safari. I had no problem filling in the fields.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
TakomaDC@Groups.io
"Neighbors Talking to Neighbors”
Takoma Park DC and MD







Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>
 

On Mon, Sep 17, 2018 at 05:14 PM, Joseph Hudson wrote:
I think some of you're missing the point. The point was, that I was using a Mac with voiceover. Which is a screen reader that the blind and visually impaired use in order to read the screen on the computer.
And I think you miss the point, even though others (including myself) are not screen reader users that this could be a flaw in VoiceOver or Safari or, of course, the Google Survey Form itself.

I teach JAWS as one of my primary ways of making income (and am fully sighted, for the record).  The first thing I teach my students is that you cannot assume that anything is a JAWS problem versus a browser problem versus a webpage problem (and sometimes it's a combination of the two) without trying other browsers with the same webpage and other screen readers with your chosen browser, and alternative browsers, if the problem persists.

Sometimes you can find the fix is working with an alternative.  Sometimes you find precisely where the problem lies, and know who to report it to.  But that's incumbent on you, who relies on assistive technology, to be able to do the troubleshooting that, unfortunately, comes with the territory.   The world at large is not likely to know the first thing about it nor, sadly, care unless you can make them focus on the issue as exactly as you can.  Being a Mac user with VoiceOver puts you into minority of a minority to begin with position, which makes it even more likely that you will have to be able to get others to focus on what needs to be fixed once you find it.
 
--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 
     Explanations exist; they have existed for all time; there is always a well-known solution to every human problem — neat, plausible, and wrong.

          ~ H.L. Mencken, AKA The Sage of Baltimore