Topics

moderated Direct Add in a Subgroup

Mark,

Relating to the request for consolidation of "You've been added" messages, https://beta.groups.io/g/main/topic/25505140

I'd like:

1) To suppress the subgroup notice altogether, or have the option to suppress it. The people being Direct Added to a subgroup are perforce already members of the primary group. If I want them to be notified about the subgroup I can turn on a Welcome notice for it.

2) A bulk Direct-Add ability. Rather than checking hundreds of boxes (and double-checking that I got just the right ones) it would be easier for me to copy a column of email addresses from excel to identify the members who signed up for the additional activity represented by the subgroup. Any email address that isn't already a subscriber to the primary group should be skipped, and reported to me as having not been added.

Shal

Beth Weld

I would love to have both options that Shal is asking for - my group has many subgroups with members belonging to multiples.  Getting 3-4 (or more) add emails is confusing for them and more likely to be reported as spam (even though I warned them).  I would love to be able to bulk add 400 members at one time to a new subgroup - it would be so much easier.
Thanks
Beth

Mark,

I wrote:
2) A bulk Direct-Add ability. Rather than checking hundreds of boxes
(and double-checking that I got just the right ones) it would be
easier for me to copy a column of email addresses from excel to
identify the members who signed up for the additional activity
represented by the subgroup.
Never mind.

It turns out I can do this with Direct Add on the primary group. I get an error for each member who's already in the primary group, but they do get added to the subgroup checkmarked on the Direct Add page.

And as a bonus, from my point of view, they don't get the "You've been added", presumably because of the error on the primary group add.

But I as moderator still get the notification:
"New Subscriber To subgroup@example.groups.io"

Perfect!

Shal