Topics

moderated Display images in a carousel #suggestion

Hi,

May I suggest that images be displayed in a "carousel" -- with next and previous buttons? Right now images open in a new page, requiring Back and the clicking on the next one (if you remember where you were up to).

Thanks,

Colin

Bruce Bowman

On Wed, Sep 5, 2018 at 08:32 AM, Colin 't Hart wrote:
May I suggest that images be displayed in a "carousel" -- with next and previous buttons? Right now images open in a new page, requiring Back and the clicking on the next one (if you remember where you were up to).
There already are next and previous buttons. Click anywhere in the grey areas that flank the image. It does take awhile to load and render the next image, though.

Bruce

I'm not seeing this at all. When I see a post with image attachments, it has a bunch of small images underneath. When I click one, it goes to an image URL and displays the image (no HTML). I need to click "back" to go back to the messages, find the next image (remember where I was) and click on the next one.

/Colin

Colin,

I'm not seeing this at all. When I see a post with image attachments,
it has a bunch of small images underneath.
Bruce was referring to images in an album in the Photos section.

Handling the attachments to a given message as a mini-album is a reasonable suggestion. It would be equivalent to what Yahoo Groups referred to as a "Photomatic" album.

Shal

Bruce Bowman

On Thu, Sep 6, 2018 at 01:09 AM, Shal Farley wrote:
Handling the attachments to a given message as a mini-album is a reasonable suggestion. It would be equivalent to what Yahoo Groups referred to as a "Photomatic" album.
One cannot assume that attachments *are* images. And doesn't the Photomatic functionality already exist in the Emailed Photos folder?

Bruce

On Thu, Sep 6, 2018 at 04:08 AM, Bruce Bowman wrote:
One cannot assume that attachments *are* images.
True, but it would still be nice to have the carousel feature for attachments, no matter what they are. We have members posting lab reports, sometimes large numbers of them in a single post, and you continually have to go back and forth and see them all.

Bruce,

And doesn't the Photomatic functionality already exist in the Emailed
Photos folder?
No.

The key distinction is that the Photomatic albums are per message, whereas the Emailed Photos album has them all lumped together. Grouping by message would be a prerequisite for the proposed carousel function, as I understand it.

Shal