Topics

moderated Button to temporarily swap Owner/Mod view to Subscriber view (for testing purposes)

Alan N

Not sure if this has previously been requested.  I'm a new Group Owner,  and finding it cumbersome to "see" what how the website appears to regular (non Owner or Moderator) Subscribers.  I only have ONE personal email address, and would rather not have to create another one to subscribe (as a "testing profile") for my group.  It would be a lot easier to have the option (under Owner or Moderator Settings) to easily swap back and forth.

Is something like that feasible?

Jim Higgins

Received from Alan N at 9/3/2018 06:47 PM UTC:

Not sure if this has previously been requested. I'm a new Group Owner, and finding it cumbersome to "see" what how the website appears to regular (non Owner or Moderator) Subscribers. I only have ONE personal email address, and would rather not have to create another one to subscribe (as a "testing profile") for my group. It would be a lot easier to have the option (under Owner or Moderator Settings) to easily swap back and forth.

I've pretty much given up walking subscribers who won't look at the HELP files for themselves thru how to do things, but if this will really help those who still have the patience then it would be a VERY GOOD THING.

Jim H

dave w

On Wed, Sep 5, 2018 at 11:56 AM, Jim Higgins wrote:

I've pretty much given up walking subscribers who won't look at the HELP files for themselves thru how to do things, but if this will really help those who still have the patience then it would be a VERY GOOD THING.

Jim H
I've no idea how that particular comment helps in any way the request made.

FWIW Alan, using another profile for 'Admin-Test' purposes has been the way on 'systems' for years AND is more robust.
It is cleaner, personal (to you) and certainly involves a lot less tricky programming than I expect Mark would ever want to do even if he has the time and wherewithall to do so.
Mail.com allows accounts and up to 10 alias', so while it's a chore for you, you are talking about ensuring your clients well being and usefulness of the group.
Regards, davew

Alan N

Thank you Dave for the explanation.  I created an email alias, and will use that to test the Subscriber view.