Topics

moderated Site updates #changelog

Changes to the site this week:

  • BUGFIX: Fix encoding issues with CSV formatted member list download.
  • CHANGE: The pending message notification email now uses the pending message's subscriber email address instead of the Sender line when describing who the message is from.
  • CHANGE: On the Members page, only bring up the Action dialog if at least one member is selected.
  • NEW: Include in the activity log the message sent to someone when directly adding them, similar to how invites are done.
  • INTERNAL: Fixed database connection closing issue.
  • INTERNAL: Moved all database connections to use a connection pooler.
  • CHANGE: Help file tweaks.
  • BUGFIX: Fixed two issues with chat that could cause chat messages to not be delivered to all members of the chat room.
  • NEW: The member subgroups page now has a Joined column for the subgroups a member is a part of.
  • SYSADMIN: Tuned the database.
  • NEW: Added 'Int' and 'NS' badges to the pending messages page for messages from Integrations and Non Subscribers.
  • BUGFIX: Fixed issue with approving pending messages from non-subscribers.
  • BUGFIX: Fixed an issue with long running chat sessions.
  • INTERNAL: Now caching some web pages.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Mark

Tom Vail

On Fri, Aug 24, 2018 at 09:38 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
CHANGE: The pending message notification email now uses the pending message's subscriber email address instead of the Sender line when describing who the message is from.
Morning Mark,

I don't know if this is new to this change, but I think there is a confusing link in the first line of the pending message the pending member received.  It reads:

       Thank you for your interest in the Forum@DeFeverCruisers.groups.io group at Groups.io.

Note it has an "@" but points to a website address, it is not a mailto link.  Shouldn't it be the main web address for the group such as https://defevercruisers.groups.io in our case?  I think this is especially confusing since the next line in the message has the same text which is a mailto link.

Peace,
Tom

Mark,

* CHANGE: On the Members page, only bring up the Action dialog if at
least one member is selected.
I do not like the new user experience. Having the menu simply close makes me think that the software is broken, it doesn't suggest to me that I've made a mistake, let alone what mistake I've made.

Far better would be if the cursor changed to the "no" icon (red slashed circle) when over the menu items. Or maybe when over the Actions button itself, which should be greyed.

Also, a GMF member pointed out to me that the current behavior is inconsistent. The "Send Message" choice still brings up a new composition page, "To: 0 members".

Shal

On Fri, Aug 24, 2018 at 09:38 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
CHANGE: The pending message notification email now uses the pending message's subscriber email address instead of the Sender line when describing who the message is from.
Hi Mark,

I think this fix was prompted by the problem I was having with the member's email address not showing up in the pending notification, so that I couldn't tell who she was - as reported here:
https://beta.groups.io/g/main/topic/moderator_access_to_group/23853562

You had told me, from the support address after I sent you the details, that it was fixed and that it should now show "the correct email address." But she had told me that she was "using a different email address" to post to the group, and she had, and has, no alias set up. What was showing in the pending notice was not the "Sender line" (although I'm not quite sure what you mean by that). The pending notice showed an actual gmail address that is not the one she's subscribed to the group under, so I am still flummoxed.

At any rate, I have a response in to you at support asking about this, so hopefully I can get the answer either here or there as to what is, or was, going on. Thanks!

On Sat, Aug 25, 2018 at 10:02 AM, Tom Vail <tom@...> wrote:

I don't know if this is new to this change, but I think there is a confusing link in the first line of the pending message the pending member received.  It reads:

       Thank you for your interest in the Forum@DeFeverCruisers.groups.io group at Groups.io.

Note it has an "@" but points to a website address, it is not a mailto link.  Shouldn't it be the main web address for the group such as https://defevercruisers.groups.io in our case?  I think this is especially confusing since the next line in the message has the same text which is a mailto link.

I've changed the confirmation email so that URL text matches the URL itself.

On Sun, Aug 26, 2018 at 10:00 AM, Shal Farley <shals2nd@...> wrote:

Far better would be if the cursor changed to the "no" icon (red slashed circle) when over the menu items. Or maybe when over the Actions button itself, which should be greyed.

I've changed it so that the Action button is disabled until you check on at least one member.