Topics

moderated #activitylog #directadd - Full email message showing un in the activity log?

Tom Vail

All of a sudden we have the full email message showing up in the activity log when we do a direct add.  This is what it looks like:

Did the same thing a few days ago and got this one liner:

I don't think I made any changes which would affect this area.

Suggestions?

And now that I have them, is there a way to delete an item from the activity log?

Peace,
Tom Vail

Could be because a few days ago I asked Mark for direct-add messages to be logged, just as invite messages are, for consistency.

Tom Vail

Mark,

If that is true, I BEG you to at least make it an option to include the message in the log,  We use the log daily and send out an extensive direct add message.  This change makes the log just about unusable, at least for us.

PLEASE include an option for a "one line log entries" or "detailed log entries" (maybe at the top of the page).

Thanks for your consideration.

Peace,
Tom

Another idea would be to have a dedicated "direct add" page, just like there's now an "invite" page, and log the messages only there in both cases.

On Thu, Aug 23, 2018 at 11:55 AM Tom Vail <tom@...> wrote:
Mark,

If that is true, I BEG you to at least make it an option to include the message in the log,  We use the log daily and send out an extensive direct add message.  This change makes the log just about unusable, at least for us.

PLEASE include an option for a "one line log entries" or "detailed log entries" (maybe at the top of the page).

Thanks for your consideration.

Peace,
Tom

Hi All,

On Thu, Aug 23, 2018 at 11:55 AM, Tom Vail <tom@...> wrote:

If that is true, I BEG you to at least make it an option to include the message in the log,  We use the log daily and send out an extensive direct add message.  This change makes the log just about unusable, at least for us.

I've changed it so that it only displays the first couple of lines of the message. Please let me know if that works for you.

Tom Vail

On Thu, Aug 23, 2018 at 12:01 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
Another idea would be to have a dedicated "direct add" page, just like there's now an "invite" page, and log the messages only there in both cases.
I think having everything logged in one place, with the option of the amount of detail displayed, is a better option.

Peace,
Tom

Tom Vail

Mark,

That is a great compromise.

Thank you!

Peace,

Tom Vail

Chairman of the Board, Canyon Ministries

I'm fine with that, too. Our messages are not very long anyway, and all we really need to see is the gist of the message.