Topics

moderated Groups.io is down ...

Laurence Taylor

Ellen Moody <@EllenMoody> wrote:

I just read that Groups.io is down for maintenance. We were informed it
will be back by 11 pm pacific time and 4 am UTC (? -- I don't know what
that is).
UTC - Co-ordinated Universal Time. Pretty much the same as GMT.

West coast USA is GMT-8 (-7 in summer) and East coast is GMT-5 (-4 in
summer).

--
rgds
LAurence

Ellen Moody

I confess to not knowing where this main forum is. I also am unaware that I have any software called a timezone.

I'm one of those who when confronted with centigrade temperatures doubles the number and adds thirty. I don't know the formula for moving from fahrenheit to centigrade. I can't imagine meters as yet: inches, feet, yards, miles. But I do have the decimal system downpat ....

Ellen

On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 12:12 PM Toby Kraft <toby@...> wrote:
Ellen,
Planned outages are posted as events on the calendar in the Beta/Main forum.  If you have your timezone configured correctly (Account -> Preferences), when you view the calendar and hover over the event, the time of the outage will be displayed in your timezone.  As shown here (I'm in Central (Chicago) timezone):

Information on what is affected by the outage is included in the event.
Thanks
Toby

Toby Kraft

Ellen,
Planned outages are posted as events on the calendar in the Beta/Main forum.  If you have your timezone configured correctly (Account -> Preferences), when you view the calendar and hover over the event, the time of the outage will be displayed in your timezone.  As shown here (I'm in Central (Chicago) timezone):

Information on what is affected by the outage is included in the event.
Thanks
Toby

Leeni

Pacific time is 3 hours earlier then Eastern time
So when it is 11PM Pacific Time it is 2AM Eastern Time

Pacific 11PM
Mountain 12Midnight
Central 1AM
Eastern 2AM

Date: 8/21/2018 9:33:21 AM
Subject: [beta] Groups.io is down ...

Dear People,

I just read that Groups.io is down for maintenance. We were informed it will be back by 11 pm pacific time and 4 am UTC (? -- I don't know what that is).

So, 1) When will groups.io be back EST or daylight savings time?

2) Is it better to wait until the site is back up again before posting again? or does it not matter if one posts now and then the messages come through when the site is back up?

I hope this goes through

Ellen Moody

William Finn

11pm pst is 2pm est

On Tue, Aug 21, 2018, 11:18 AM Ellen Moody <ellen.moody@...> wrote:
[...]

Barbara Byers

This went through fine, and so did a couple of messages I just posted to my groups, so I believe whatever the issue is, it's not affecting everything.

Barb