Topics

moderated Site updates #changelog

Changes to the site this week:

  • SYSADMIN: Upgraded the main database instance.
  • BUGFIX: For groups without subgroups, you can now go to https://groupname.groups.io, and it will redirect correctly.
  • BUGFIX: Fixed escaping of special characters in search query strings.
  • BUGFIX: Fixed two bugs in the DKIM verifying library we use.
  • BUGFIX: The 'Bulk Remove' button was being shown to some moderators who didn't have the right permission to use it (they were not able to actually use the feature).
  • NEW: Added a section to the Help about the FBL and people being removed because of spam.
  • NEW: When viewing a subgroup where you aren't subscribed, but you are a mod/owner of the parent group, the tag on the sidebar will now say 'Parent Mod' or 'Parent Owner'.
  • CHANGE: Tweaked the sidebar width in certain instances, making it a little larger.
  • BUGFIX: Disabled the 'Subscribe to Calendar' button for subgroups where you are not a subscriber (but are owner of the parent group).
  • CHANGE: Parallelized updating the DNS servers to speed subgroup creation up.
  • BUGFIX: Fixed a problem with repeating event reminders that could cause some of them to not be sent.
  • BUGFIX: Fixed some labels on the group settings page for screen readers.
  • CHANGE: Added wording on Display Name edit pages: "Note: When you post, your email address is also shown to group members who receive messages via email."
  • NEW: On the pending message screen, if you use the Approve & Unmoderate Button to approve messages from non subscribers, a dialog will now pop up telling you that these people cannot be unmoderated (because they're not members).
  • CHANGE: Upgraded Go toolchain from 9.4 to 10.3. This unexpectedly broke several parts of the web site that dealt with uploading files. Fixed.
  • SYSADMIN: Upgraded main bastion host.
  • CHANGE: Don't fig leaf email addresses when viewing source.
  • NEW: Adding Authentication-Results header line showing DKIM/SPF tests. Only visible when viewing message source in the archives.
  • SYSADMIN: Renewed *.groups.io ssl certificate.
  • CHANGE: When posting a message, ignore returns clicked when editing the subject.
  • BUGFIX: When viewing or editing an individual database row that has a date column, the date displayed would always be today.
  • BUGFIX: When viewing or editing an individual database row that has an empty date column, the date displayed would always be today.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Mark

Mark,

* NEW: Added a section to the Help about the FBL and people being
removed because of spam.
In the last sentence I would change "And they know" to "The email also lets them know".

I'd also shorten the link text in the left column to "Removed because of Spam". It is the longest text, and overlaps the main text if the window is too narrow.

Shal

Toby Kraft

Shal, I agree with your suggestion.  I also think it would be good to add a little more explanation that the action groups.io is taking is based on internet standards that mail service providers are implementing to control spam.  (as opposed to some arbitrary thing that groups.io is doing).

Also, when I resize the window smaller than full screen and scroll down to the bottom of the help page, the nav links panel on the left does not scroll so the bottom links are not visible and the highlight that syncs from the right panel is gone.  The bottom link I see is the "Receiving duplicate messages" one.
Thanks
Toby