moderated Add mygroup+moderators alias?

Walter Underwood

It would be handy to have a mygroup+moderator alias that went to moderators and owners.

One of the first things I tried to do when setting up my first groups.io group was to send mail to the moderators. Since mygroup+owner worked, I sent mail to mygroup+moderator, which didn’t work.

One sample use: I do most the moderation, but I was going camping for a few days. I let the other moderators know, so that moderation would still be quick.

For most of my groups, all the moderators are owners, but as a group member, I’d probably still try and send email to moderator if there was a moderation-related question.

wunder
Walter Underwood
wunder@...
http://observer.wunderwood.org/  (my blog)

Hi,

You can ask moderators be notified when an email is sent to the owner address (one of my group uses this method to let moderators know whenever someone sends an email to me the owner).

Cheers,

Joseph

It would be handy to have a mygroup+moderator alias that went to moderators and owners.

One of the first things I tried to do when setting up my first groups.io group was to send mail to the moderators. Since mygroup+owner worked, I sent mail to mygroup+moderator, which didn’t work.

One sample use: I do most the moderation, but I was going camping for a few days. I let the other moderators know, so that moderation would still be quick.

For most of my groups, all the moderators are owners, but as a group member, I’d probably still try and send email to moderator if there was a moderation-related question.

wunder
Walter Underwood
wunder@...
http://observer.wunderwood.org/  (my blog)

wunder,

One of the first things I tried to do when setting up my first
groups.io group was to send mail to the moderators. Since
mygroup+owner worked, ...
That address sends to both mods and owners. See reply in GMF for details:
https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum/message/11014

Shal

ro-esp

On Mon, Aug 13, 2018 at 04:46 PM, Walter Underwood wrote:

It would be handy to have a mygroup+moderator alias that went to moderators
and owners.
mygroup+owner already does that. Sure, it would be more logical to use something like "mygroup+mods", but the -owner suffix is what most of us have been used to in yahoogroups for many years....

groetjes, Ronaldo

wunder@wunderwood.org
http://observer.wunderwood.org/ (my blog)