Topics

moderated Topics Splitting that shouldn't split

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

I have noticed recently, particularly on one group I'm on [Windows 10 for Screen Reader Users], that when I reply via the web interface the result is a new topic.

I am 100% certain that I have not touched the subject line in any way, which I know can cause an unintended split.    Has anyone else been experiencing this, even if intermittently, anywhere else?

Any theories on what would cause it?

Chris Jones

Should this not be on GMF rather than beta?

Chris

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

On Thu, Aug 9, 2018 at 11:31 AM, Chris Jones wrote:
Should this not be on GMF rather than beta?
Not if it's secondary to a forums software error of some sort, and I strongly suspect it may be.  I wanted to bring it to Mark's attention, and the best and most immediate way to do that is posting to this group.

On Thu, Aug 9, 2018 at 11:25 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
the best and most immediate way to do that is posting to this group.
Actually, if you suspect a bug, it would be faster to send it to support.

I haven't seen what you mention.

Duane

Hi Brian,

On Thu, Aug 9, 2018 at 8:24 AM, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:
I have noticed recently, particularly on one group I'm on [Windows 10 for Screen Reader Users], that when I reply via the web interface the result is a new topic.

I am 100% certain that I have not touched the subject line in any way, which I know can cause an unintended split.    Has anyone else been experiencing this, even if intermittently, anywhere else?

Please send a message to support with a pointer to an example of where this happened.

Hi,

Please CC me as I’m interested in what’s up, as I’m the owner of the said forum.

Cheers,

Joseph

On Fri, Aug 10, 2018 at 12:28 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
Please send a message to support with a pointer to an example of where this happened.
Mark,

           I will do this the next time it occurs.   It seems to have settled down for me over the last several days.  I am also a moderator on that group and when it happens I immediately merge the threads.   But I know also when it occurs that I have not, even for a single second, been in the Subject line and have used the Reply button to generate the post I'm making.  That's what's peculiar.

           And, to refresh my memory, I should just e-mail support@groups.io?