Topics

moderated Suggestion #suggestion

Chris Aldrich

We are a small group making the switch from Yahell to groups.io. One of our members pointed out that groups.io will let you edit posts, but not Topic titles. Not sure if this is a feature or a bug, but it would be great for the member who fat-keyed a New Topic title or, worse yet had it mangled by autocorrect, to fix it.

If there's a place where we should search first before posting something like this, please let me know.

BTW, we LOVE groups.io so far!

Chris

Moderators can edit topic titles. Members should not be allowed to do that.

On 6 Aug 2018, at 17:46, J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:

Moderators can edit topic titles. Members should not be allowed to do that.

Agreed - that’s a mod’s job…

best

Nick
__

dUNMUR | member of the Association of Photographers

ps In answer to your question about where to search before posting in beta, the GMF group is the most appropriate for basic questions.

On Aug 6, 2018, at 9:46 AM, J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:

Moderators can edit topic titles. Members should not be allowed to do that.

On Aug 6, 2018, at 9:37 AM, Chris Aldrich <chris1aldrich@...> wrote:

We are a small group making the switch from Yahell to groups.io. One of our members pointed out that groups.io will let you edit posts, but not Topic titles. Not sure if this is a feature or a bug, but it would be great for the member who fat-keyed a New Topic title or, worse yet had it mangled by autocorrect, to fix it.

If there's a place where we should search first before posting something like this, please let me know.

BTW, we LOVE groups.io so far!

Chris

Chris Aldrich

thanks for the quick responses - I will check out the GMF group.

On Mon, Aug 6, 2018 at 12:56 PM, J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:
ps In answer to your question about where to search before posting in beta, the GMF group is the most appropriate for basic questions.

On Aug 6, 2018, at 9:46 AM, J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:

Moderators can edit topic titles. Members should not be allowed to do that.

On Aug 6, 2018, at 9:37 AM, Chris Aldrich <chris1aldrich@...> wrote:

We are a small group making the switch from Yahell to groups.io. One of our members pointed out that groups.io will let you edit posts, but not Topic titles. Not sure if this is a feature or a bug, but it would be great for the member who fat-keyed a New Topic title or, worse yet had it mangled by autocorrect, to fix it.

If there's a place where we should search first before posting something like this, please let me know.

BTW, we LOVE groups.io so far!

Chris

Frances

The only oddity is that “topic” and “subject” are used interchangeably  So it is “edit subject” and “lock topic”.

Don’t confuse  it with “moderate topic”  - that forces moderation on that topic in an unmoderated group. Useful though!

frances

No, it’s not an oddity. It’s correct terminology. You are editing the subject of the message or topic.

On Aug 6, 2018, at 10:37 AM, Frances <frances@...> wrote:

The only oddity is that “topic” and “subject” are used interchangeably  So it is “edit subject” and “lock topic”.

Don’t confuse  it with “moderate topic”  - that forces moderation on that topic in an unmoderated group. Useful though!

frances

<931B987B_19D0_4EAD_BF5B_6C50079101C3.png>