moderated #suggestion - New Topic return/enter key action #suggestion

Tom Vail

When creating a new topic, if you hit return/enter at the end of the subject line it sends the message with a blank message box.  But doing the same when sending a message to a specific member comes back with a "You must include a message." error message.  These should be consistent, and the way it works for a member message is by far the better option IMHO.  I actually see this as more of a bug than a suggestion.

Peace,
Tom
(Posted in GMF as well.)

Toby Kraft

I does not appear in my testing that the message is actually sent.  But it does close the 'compose' page which is unexpected.
I would suggest that the Enter key in this field be treated as a no-op and ignored.  Tab or mouse can be used to move focus to the body.
Toby

On Mon, Aug 6, 2018 at 10:12 AM, Toby Kraft <toby@...> wrote:
I does not appear in my testing that the message is actually sent.  But it does close the 'compose' page which is unexpected.
I would suggest that the Enter key in this field be treated as a no-op and ignored.  Tab or mouse can be used to move focus to the body.

Enter is now a no-op when pressed when editing the subject.