Topics

moderated Site updates #changelog

Changes to the site this week:

  • CHANGE: Only rate limit messages to members from other members, not mods/owners.
  • NEW: Display Owner/Mod badges on group sidebar.
  • NEW: Added domain/subdomain setup information to the help page.
  • SYSADMIN: Migrated one of the DNS servers to a new machine.
  • CHANGE: Updated and added sections about our data processing agreement and other aspects of GDPR.
  • API: New group field: subgroup_category_id.
  • NEW: Subgroup categories.
  • NEW: Removed scrolling and reformatted subgroup list page.

I had not been including updates to the API in the #changelog reports. I will start doing so now.

Have a good weekend everybody.

Mark

Mark,

concerning updates in privacy policy and compliance with GDPR, shouldn´t the date of last revision be July or August 2018 instead of still carrying the date of Sept. 15th, 2014?

https://groups.io/static/privacy

Victoria

Patty Sliney

Thanks, Mark.  Any chance adding a "Comment" field in the application for membership screen, and having the option as a list owner/mod, to make that field mandatory?  We've got this request on our Wish List, just hoping we can have that added in.  We've tried the work around, which is moderating all our list membership, then sending an email message to the prospective member, asking them to tell us why they wish to join our group, but we are getting less than a 10% response.  So, not really an option.  This is a very helpful screening tool, to keep ne'er do wells off our list.  Thanks for all you do!

Chris Jones

Patti; I can see a real problem with your request but this is not the place to elaborate. I will put up a topic on GMF - please have a look once it has been moderated.

Chris

On Sat, Aug 4, 2018 at 9:38 AM, Victoria <dr.vcaesar@...> wrote:

concerning updates in privacy policy and compliance with GDPR, shouldn´t the date of last revision be July or August 2018 instead of still carrying the date of Sept. 15th, 2014?

https://groups.io/static/privacy

The new privacy policy, which you can see at https://groups.io/static/newprivacy doesn't go into effect until Monday (probably), so I haven't switched over the old policy yet. (It goes into effect when I send out emails to every existing user, which will probably start on Monday).

Patty Sliney

Chris, this request is already on the wish list.  It is a feature we've had for as long as I can remember on Yahoo Groups.  If Mark can add a "mandatory" option, then, folks can either require a comment, or not.  For my groups back on Yahoo Groups, our group description stated that a membership request must have a comment included that relates to the purpose  function of our group.  If someone tried to submit a "filler" comment, like "hi", their request was rejected.  Worked fine for years on Yahoo Groups, don't see why this would have a "real problem".  In fact, Mark can even make a comments section visible or hidden for list mods/owners if he wished.