Topics

moderated Messages without subject lines

debbie

When we transferred to groups.io, I thought it was the greatest thing when I realized that the system rejects messages without subject lines. In Yahoogroups, I was always rejecting those messages. Otherwise, how would people learn. It was easier to reject than to edit it myself.

I find that a lot of the messages sent to the owner address here don't have subject lines. Would it be possible to apply that same wonderful feature to the owner address?

Thanks,

Debbie

I don't think that would be possible if you're talking about email messages, and I don't think there's any way besides email messages to send an original message to a group owner. Other messages through groups.io to the group owner already have a subject, since they are responses.

On Mon, Jul 30, 2018 at 7:18 AM, debbie <debbiesther@...> wrote:
When we transferred to groups.io, I thought it was the greatest thing when I realized that the system rejects messages without subject lines. In Yahoogroups, I was always rejecting those messages. Otherwise, how would people learn. It was easier to reject than to edit it myself.

I find that a lot of the messages sent to the owner address here don't have subject lines. Would it be possible to apply that same wonderful feature to the owner address?

Thanks,

Debbie

debbie

I don't understand why. You can send an email to the group address and if it doesn't have a subject line, it gets rejected. So why not the +owner address?

On Mon, Jul 30, 2018 at 7:17 PM, J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:
[...]

I didn’t realize that. I guess you’re right!

On Jul 30, 2018, at 9:21 AM, debbie <debbiesther@...> wrote:

I don't understand why. You can send an email to the group address and if it doesn't have a subject line, it gets rejected. So why not the +owner address?

On Mon, Jul 30, 2018 at 7:17 PM, J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:
I don't think that would be possible if you're talking about email messages, and I don't think there's any way besides email messages to send an original message to a group owner. Other messages through groups.io to the group owner already have a subject, since they are responses.

<dummyfile.0.part>