Topics

moderated Messages without subject lines

debbie

When we transferred to groups.io, I thought it was the greatest thing when I realized that the system rejects messages without subject lines. In Yahoogroups, I was always rejecting those messages. Otherwise, how would people learn. It was easier to reject than to edit it myself.

I find that a lot of the messages sent to the owner address here don't have subject lines. Would it be possible to apply that same wonderful feature to the owner address?

Thanks,

Debbie

I don't think that would be possible if you're talking about email messages, and I don't think there's any way besides email messages to send an original message to a group owner. Other messages through groups.io to the group owner already have a subject, since they are responses.

On Mon, Jul 30, 2018 at 7:18 AM, debbie <debbiesther@...> wrote:
When we transferred to groups.io, I thought it was the greatest thing when I realized that the system rejects messages without subject lines. In Yahoogroups, I was always rejecting those messages. Otherwise, how would people learn. It was easier to reject than to edit it myself.

I find that a lot of the messages sent to the owner address here don't have subject lines. Would it be possible to apply that same wonderful feature to the owner address?

Thanks,

Debbie

--
J

Messages are the sole opinion of the author, especially the fishy ones.

I wish I could shut up, but I can't, and I won't. - Desmond Tutu

debbie

I don't understand why. You can send an email to the group address and if it doesn't have a subject line, it gets rejected. So why not the +owner address?

On Mon, Jul 30, 2018 at 7:17 PM, J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:
I don't think that would be possible if you're talking about email messages, and I don't think there's any way besides email messages to send an original message to a group owner. Other messages through groups.io to the group owner already have a subject, since they are responses.

Thanks,

Debbie

--
J

I didn’t realize that. I guess you’re right!

On Jul 30, 2018, at 9:21 AM, debbie <debbiesther@...> wrote:

I don't understand why. You can send an email to the group address and if it doesn't have a subject line, it gets rejected. So why not the +owner address?

On Mon, Jul 30, 2018 at 7:17 PM, J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:

<dummyfile.0.part>

Thanks,

Debbie

--
J

--
J