Topics

moderated Identify my role when visiting a group

Mark,

When visiting a group's pages, logged in to an address which is a moderator or owner of that group, I'd like to see my Mod or Owner badge. Somewhere.

Preferably somewhere visible on all pages of the group.

Perhaps beside my Display Name at the top right in the logo bar. Perhaps on the Home button on the left (yes, Subscription might make more sense logically, but it is already the widest button).

This is because I do have multiple accounts subscribed to the groups I own or moderate, and it would be useful to have a visual cue what role I am logged in with right now.

Shal

Somewhat tangential to this (ok, totally tangential to it), I'd like a group option for a moderator/owner badge to display automatically next to the display name when a moderator posts.

Gerald Boutin <groupsio@...>

On Mon, Jul 23, 2018 at 03:07 PM, Shal Farley wrote:
Mark,

When visiting a group's pages, logged in to an address which is a moderator or owner of that group, I'd like to see my Mod or Owner badge. Somewhere.

Preferably somewhere visible on all pages of the group.

Perhaps beside my Display Name at the top right in the logo bar. Perhaps on the Home button on the left (yes, Subscription might make more sense logically, but it is already the widest button).

This is because I do have multiple accounts subscribed to the groups I own or moderate, and it would be useful to have a visual cue what role I am logged in with right now.

Shal

Shal,

I already know just based on my account. I use one account for groups where I am the Owner and different one(s) for ordinary member subscriptions.

--
Gerald

Gerald,

I already know just based on my account. I use one account for groups
where I am the Owner and different one(s) for ordinary member
subscriptions.
And do you use a third for groups where you moderate rather than own?

And do you carefully use distinct Display Names for the three roles? (otherwise you have to hover, you can't just look).

My questions are rhetorical.

My deeper purpose for the suggestion is to be able to ask other users if they are certain that they are logged in with the correct role for that group, and tell them how to find out trivially. That is, it would be a diagnostic aid for "Why can't I ..." questions.

The Groups.io home page is very nearly easy enough (the badges are there). But it still requires that they be looking at the correct row in the list.

Shal

Hi Shal,

On Mon, Jul 23, 2018 at 11:06 AM, Shal Farley <shals2nd@...> wrote:
Mark,

When visiting a group's pages, logged in to an address which is a moderator or owner of that group, I'd like to see my Mod or Owner badge. Somewhere.

I added it after Home. Please let me know what you think.

Chris Jones

On Fri, Aug 3, 2018 at 05:43 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
I added it after Home. Please let me know what you think
Neat!

Chris

Mark,

I added it after Home. Please let me know what you think.
Love it!

Now I almost want someone to get confused so that I can screenshot it for him/her. ;-)

Shal

Haha!