Topics

moderated New bulk topic actions — Can the feature be toggled On & Off . . . ?

Epicatt2

Hello Mark,

I've just tried out the new Bulk Actions feature at the link provided and it is going to be a real time-saver.

But . . . Can the Bulk Action option be toggled on and off? I cannot find any where to do that but I may be overlooking something since I'm fairly new to Groups.io & to beta.

Regards,

Paul M.
CostaRicaLiving Owner (A Priority Group)
==

On Mon, Jul 16, 2018 at 7:07 AM, Epicatt2 <stanhopi@...> wrote:

I've just tried out the new Bulk Actions feature at the link provided and it is going to be a real time-saver.

But . . .  Can the Bulk Action option be toggled on and off?  I cannot find any where to do that but I may be overlooking something since I'm fairly new to Groups.io & to beta.

I had not planned on adding a toggle for it. All the actions require confirmation. Is a toggle needed?

Epicatt2

Mark,

You're right; there may be no valid reason for an on/off option.

I guess I was asking in case it would not turn baack off durng the testing phase.

But there may be some group owners who might have a more concrete reason for wanting an on/off option.

Cheers!

Paul M.
CRL Owner
==

Suppose a rogue moderator (or one with an easily guessed password) goes in and trashes the archives, now easier with bulk actions. Is it possible to recover from such an event? (Probably with help from support.)

JohnF

Bruce Bowman

On Tue, Jul 17, 2018 at 08:20 PM, JohnF wrote:
Suppose a rogue moderator (or one with an easily guessed password) goes in and trashes the archives, now easier with bulk actions. Is it possible to recover from such an event?
Not easily. The group backup capability is something of a safety net but it serves little purpose if we can't do a restore, too.

Bruce