moderated The ability to merge or connect multiple accounts: an alternative #suggestion

James Morris

I noticed that the Trello card for "The ability to merge or connect multiple accounts" has been archived without implementation or comment. I'm subscribed to many email lists under several email addresses. I thought it would be great if all of them moved to groups.io, but as more and more of my Yahoo and other email lists are moved, the number of groups.io accounts that I must manage is proliferating. This problem is increasing in urgency for me. I think this is a scaling-up issue for this service. I'm guessing that merging accounts proved to be a difficult issue to address.

So, what about creating a Quick Account Login/Switching widget, similar to Google's account switcher? It could substitute, at least temporarily, for merging different recipient email addresses into one account. The account-switching flyout/dropdown panel would list all of the user's previous groups.io logins. The "change account" button would itself provide notice to new transfers that group emails previously sent to different email addresses, after moving to groups.io, will be managed from different subscriber accounts.

Another alternative would be to recommend that subscribers that were moved into multiple groups.io accounts could use session-switching software, like SessionBox (a Chrome extension), as a groups account manager.

James,

On Sun, Jul 15, 2018 at 9:43 PM James Morris <dad@...> wrote:
  I'm guessing that merging accounts proved to be a difficult issue to address.

You can merge two accounts. Just go into your account page and change your email address to the other account. A page will come up asking if you wish to merge the accounts, and will walk you through the process.

Cheers,
Mark

Bob Bellizzi

Dang Mark!,
What haven't you thought  of in advance?
--

Bob Bellizzi

Founder, Fuchs Friends ®

On Mon, Jul 16, 2018 at 8:52 AM, Bob Bellizzi <cdfexec@...> wrote:
Dang Mark!,
What haven't you thought  of in advance?

Ha. Wasn't me being clever. It was me looking at the number one source of support requests... :)

mark

Bill Burns <ftldny@...>

On 7/16/2018 12:57 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
On Mon, Jul 16, 2018 at 8:52 AM, Bob Bellizzi <cdfexec@gmail.com
<mailto:cdfexec@gmail.com>> wrote:

Dang Mark!,
What haven't you thought  of in advance?

Ha. Wasn't me being clever. It was me looking at the number one source
of support requests... :)

mark
Now there's a concept more software developers would benefit from being
introduced to...

--
Bill