Topics

moderated Allow sorting the Members list by Email Status, Role, and Posting Privilege

Mark,

Every once in a while I run into a circumstance where it would be really helpful to sort the Members list of a group by their Email Status, Role, or Posting Privilege. However, those are indicated by badges on the email address rather than being in columns of their own.

Would it be possible to change the heading for that column from "Email" to "Email (Status Role Privilege)" and have each of those words be a click-to-sort button?

I'm not wedded to the parenthesis there, but I think it makes it read better to have Email called out as the primary column heading.

This is an elaboration (and bump) on my prior suggestion:
https://beta.groups.io/g/main/message/4828

Shal

I would find this extremely helpful as well.
One question: what do you mean by email status? Do you mean whether or not they're bumping, or do you mean delivery method, or something else?

J,

One question: what do you mean by email status? Do you mean whether or
not they're bumping, ...
Yes, and grinding. ;-)

I was thinking of Bouncing, Bounced, and Not Confirmed. I /think/ Not Confirmed is exclusive of the other two, if not I'm not sure how to sort a member that has both a B and NC badge.

Shal

Sorry, I meant bouncing lol. Non-caffeinated here. ;p

But I'm confused about the relationship of confirmed of NC to this, other than that obviously, if they're NC, they're not receiving emails. (For that matter, if they're pending they're also not receiving emails.) I don't think an NC member would ever have a B, because emails are not sent to them in the first place.

On Sat, Jul 7, 2018 at 9:29 AM, Shal Farley <shals2nd@...> wrote:
J,

> One question: what do you mean by email status? Do you mean whether or
> not they're bumping, ...

Yes, and grinding.  ;-)

I was thinking of Bouncing, Bounced, and Not Confirmed. I /think/ Not Confirmed is exclusive of the other two, if not I'm not sure how to sort a member that has both a B and NC badge.

Shal

J,

But I'm confused about the relationship of confirmed of NC to this,
other than that obviously, if they're NC, they're not receiving
emails.
Ah, I found the answer.

If you download the Members list the very last column is "User Status (0=Not Confirmed, 1=Confirmed, 2=Inactive, 3=Bouncing, 4=Bounced)"

So those badges are exclusive. And I got the name wrong, it is "User Status" not "Email Status".

Shal

Right, I now remember seeing that in the download. Would be great to have it online as well.

Makes sense that B and NC are mutually exclusive. NC’s are not sent emails in the first place so there would never be a bounce.

On Jul 7, 2018, at 9:54 AM, Shal Farley <@Shal> wrote:

J,

But I'm confused about the relationship of confirmed of NC to this,
other than that obviously, if they're NC, they're not receiving
emails.
Ah, I found the answer.

If you download the Members list the very last column is "User Status (0=Not Confirmed, 1=Confirmed, 2=Inactive, 3=Bouncing, 4=Bounced)"

So those badges are exclusive. And I got the name wrong, it is "User Status" not "Email Status".

Shal

also, coming at this from an accessibility standpoint, the visible indicators are not accessible to screen readers either so doing it the above way would be better, accessibility wise.

Robert,

... the visible indicators are not accessible to screen readers either
so doing it the above way would be better, accessibility wise.
Just to be clear, I wasn't proposing to get rid of the badges and use separate columns instead. Just proposing that the Email column have more than one sort key.

But an option to show/hide those extra three columns would also be acceptable to me.

Shal