Topics

moderated Time Zone Anomaly

Chris Jones

Mark; the appearance of this topic follows a brief exchange on GMF; evidently Duane has experienced something similar. I first noticed it last weekend when a onetime Yahoo Group enlisted all its members on to a new Group on Groups.io without dragging all the historical impedimenta with it.

I suspect the problem will only be apparent to members not on Pacific Time. I (and almost all the others on the new Group) am in the UK, and thus on UTC, or more correctly at the moment UTC + 1.

The time display for incoming messages is correct. However, if I (and I assume anyone else) quotes from a previous post then the time shown for that previous post is exactly (minus) 8 hours different, i.e. Pacific Time.

Duane is of the view that this may an artifact of the work done recently on Date Formats; I don't know enough to either agree or disagree with that statement!

Any chance you can have a look at this sometime?

Regards,

Chris

Chris Jones

On Thu, Jul 5, 2018 at 08:07 am, Chris Jones wrote:
Any chance you can have a look at this sometime?
In radio parlance... Nothing Heard.

Has this query slipped into a different universe, never mind a different time zone?

Chris

Duane

It's only been 5 days, 2 of which were the weekend.  ;>)  Yes, I know waiting can seem like it takes forever sometimes, but I'll bet when there is a reply from Mark, it will have been worth waiting for.

Duane

On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 8:22 AM, Chris Jones via Groups.Io <chrisjones12@...> wrote:
On Thu, Jul 5, 2018 at 08:07 am, Chris Jones wrote:
Any chance you can have a look at this sometime?
In radio parlance... Nothing Heard.

Has this query slipped into a different universe, never mind a different time zone?

This has been fixed.

In the future, please submit bug reports to support@groups.io. Beta@ is for discussion of new/proposed features.

Chris Jones

On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 11:57 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
This has been fixed.
Many thanks!

Chris