Topics

locked Invitation limitations

I sent an invitation to one of my groups and realized after I sent it that there's no place to save a standard invitation message. Having that option would save a lot of work reinventing those same messages.

I then went into Invitations and clicked on Outstanding Invitations. Hoping to see the message I'd sent (and maybe copy the text), I clicked on the recipient's email, which was live, and it dumped me into my inbox. Is there a way to review an invitation message that was sent?

Dano

You know what I can duplicate this. I'm wondering if this is a bug?

On 12 Jan 2015, at 04:45, D R Stinson <dano@...> wrote:

I sent an invitation to one of my groups and realized after I sent it that there's no place to save a standard invitation message. Having that option would save a lot of work reinventing those same messages.

I then went into Invitations and clicked on Outstanding Invitations. Hoping to see the message I'd sent (and maybe copy the text), I clicked on the recipient's email, which was live, and it dumped me into my inbox. Is there a way to review an invitation message that was sent?

Dano

Cacky B

I would love to have a standard invite that would appear, and possibly be editable before sending.
Cacky

On 1/11/2015 10:45 PM, D R Stinson wrote:

I sent an invitation to one of my groups and realized after I sent it that there's no place to save a standard invitation message. Having that option would save a lot of work reinventing those same messages.

I then went into Invitations and clicked on Outstanding Invitations. Hoping to see the message I'd sent (and maybe copy the text), I clicked on the recipient's email, which was live, and it dumped me into my inbox. Is there a way to review an invitation message that was sent?

Dano

I've updated the invitations page a bit. It now shows the invite email that will go out, dynamically updating it if you enter a customized invite message. The email addresses in the outstanding invites page should not have been clickable (there's no page to go to), so I've changed that as well.

I know that invitations could still use some work (HTML in the custom message, for example). But hopefully this is an improvement.

On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 8:09 AM, Cacky B <cackyb@...> wrote:
I would love to have a standard invite that would appear, and possibly be editable before sending.
Cacky

On 1/11/2015 10:45 PM, D R Stinson wrote:

I sent an invitation to one of my groups and realized after I sent it that there's no place to save a standard invitation message. Having that option would save a lot of work reinventing those same messages.

I then went into Invitations and clicked on Outstanding Invitations. Hoping to see the message I'd sent (and maybe copy the text), I clicked on the recipient's email, which was live, and it dumped me into my inbox. Is there a way to review an invitation message that was sent?

Dano

Cacky B

Where do I set up a customized invite message that will come up any time I want to send an invite?
Cacky

On 1/12/2015 12:26 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
[...]

Right now, you need to enter the custom message every time you have people you wish to invite; there is no mechanism to save the message for later.

On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 3:03 PM, Cacky B <cackyb@...> wrote:
[...]

Joost Ringoot

I would like this too.
It would be nice if a custom message could be made in the language that the posts are intended to be.
A custom message in Dutch is still a bit cumbersome, when embedded in an English message.

Thanks,

Joost

Hello Joost,

I'd very much like to have the Groups.io site localized in different languages. It's on the TODO list but it will be quite a bit of work and I don't have a timeframe for when that might happen.

On Sat, Nov 7, 2015 at 2:34 PM, Joost Ringoot <joost.ringoot@...> wrote:

I would like this too.
It would be nice if a custom message could be made in the language that the posts are intended to be.
A custom message in Dutch is still a bit cumbersome, when embedded in an English message.

Thanks,

Joost

Mark,

I know a guy who may could help you with typing up the pages each one by one into Spanish, French, and maybe even Itallian, as he is a full certified translator.  This would take a lot of work off of you, as you'd not have to type the pages up yourself.  You'd just get his work, then copy and paste where needed.

I'm not sure what he charges, but I know he's incredibly compeditive.  I think for translating a 3 page document, he only charged me $35 flat rate.

Write me off list at:

If you're interested in me getting you in touch with him.  His name is Ben.

Chris.