Topics

moderated Suggesting to add a email command to get mass log of email addresses

Joseph Hudson <jhud7789@...>

Good afternoon everyone, I am with one other owner, and middle of transferring three size groups over to groups.I0 from the mailman. The partner, is wanting to see if we can add a email command to bring down all of the people that have applied for membership I'm wondering if this is possible now were aware that this is possible through the web, but he would rather do it all via email.

ro-esp

Joseph,

Your message is very unclear (I guess English isn't your native language)

There should be a list of pending membership-requests on the *website* of the group in question.

I wouldn't know why anyone would need a list sent by e-mail, an it could break a couple of privacy-laws

groetjes, Ronaldo

Joseph Hudson <jhud7789@...>

Row, no English is my first language actually. What were wanting, is you know how y'all can go in and export D email addresses from the members page and download them from the website. Well, mailman has a actual email command where if you can actually simply send a command and get all of the email addresses of your current subscribers. This is all that we're wanting. And yes, I know it could be a breach of privacy laws. But it would be for only the owners to do anyway. I'm not expecting to have in available to where members can do it. I definitely wouldn't want that.

On Jul 5, 2018, at 4:55 PM, ro-esp <ro-esp@...> wrote:

Joseph,

Your message is very unclear (I guess English isn't your native language)

There should be a list of pending membership-requests on the *website* of the group in question.

I wouldn't know why anyone would need a list sent by e-mail, an it could break a couple of privacy-laws

groetjes, Ronaldo

Bob Bellizzi

Joseph,
I'm sorry but it seems a duplication of effort.  We already have an easy way to download all subscriber information and there are so many other items on to todo lists that really have no work arounds.
If someone really needs that list and your group(s) have more than one moderator or owner (good practices would dictate this)
another one of the Owners/Moderaters coulld simply download the list as send it as the text of an email to the person who wishes it delivered in one particular way.  I'm sure your group could come up with a workaround.

There are a lot of functions which are not exactly identical to what I'm used to but almost every single one can be performed by simply using my brain and the tools already in groups.io
--

Bob Bellizzi

Founder, Fuchs Friends ®

Joseph Hudson <jhud7789@...>

Hi Bob, thanks for your comments. I will send this to the other owner and see what he wants me to do. I know that I can do it. But it's a matter of doing it every time for him. I will send this to him and see what we come up with thank you very much.
Joseph Hudson

Email
jhud7789@...
I device support
Telephone
2543007667
Skype
joseph.hudson89
facebook
Twitter
https://twitter.com/josephhudson89

FaceTime/iMessage
jhud7789@...
And now finally, if none of the above options work well for you. I have a room on zoom as well. The link and instructions to join won't be below

Hi there,

Joseph Hudson is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Joseph Hudson's Zoom Meeting
Time: Apr 10, 2018 10:30 PM Central Time (US and Canada)

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/502788655

Or iPhone one-tap :
US: +16699006833,,502788655# or +16468769923,,502788655#
Or Telephone:
US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 646 876 9923
Meeting ID: 502 788 655
International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/dkZ76Qvjp

On Jul 5, 2018, at 6:17 PM, Bob Bellizzi <cdfexec@...> wrote:

[...]

Founder & Executive Director, The Corneal Dystrophy Foundation