moderated Ability to select/send wiki page to the group #suggestion

It would be convenient to be able to click on a wiki page and have its content go out as a message to the group.

Gerald Boutin <groupsio@...>

On Sun, Jul 1, 2018 at 10:44 pm, J_Catlady wrote:
It would be convenient to be able to click on a wiki page and have its content go out as a message to the group.

Sorry, but I can't see supporting that idea. Sending out a copy of Wiki page(s) results in a static document which goes against the idea of a Wiki as a living document.

What is wrong with sending out a message with a link to the Wiki? Besides, copy-n-paste seems to already do what you are after.

--
Gerald

On Mon, Jul 2, 2018 at 06:48 am, Gerald Boutin wrote:
What is wrong with sending out a message with a link to the Wiki?
What's wrong with that is that a large percentage of group members access the group only by email and are not logged in, so they couldn't access the link.

results in a static document which goes against the idea of a Wiki as a living document
It doesn't actually result in any "document," besides which, who cares? It is what it is at the time.

I can't see supporting that idea.
No need to support it or not support it. If you don't like it, you don't have to use it. I don't see how it does any harm. It's simply for convenience.

copy-n-paste seems to already do what you are after
As I said: it's for convenience.

It's akin to the sticky wiki, but emailed to the group. In fact, that's where the idea arose. I wanted to call members' attention to the sticky wiki, but realized that many of them aren't logged in to the site. So I wanted to email it to them. It would be, as I said, convenient to be able click on the page and have it sent out.