moderated include direct-adds in member activity log #suggestion

I'm noticing today that direct adds are not included in the member activity log. This seems strange, since joining the group, removed from group, etc., are all included.

On Sun, Jul 1, 2018 at 06:14 am, J_Catlady wrote:
direct adds are not included in the member activity log
They are included in the All and Moderator parts of the log.  Since a Member can't do a direct add, I wouldn't expect them to be there.

Duane

On Sun, Jul 1, 2018 at 06:45 am, Duane wrote:
Since a Member can't do a direct add, I wouldn't expect them to be there.
Yet all the other mod actions on the member (including "removed") are there. This is inconsistent.

On Sun, Jul 1, 2018 at 06:56 am, J_Catlady wrote:
This is inconsistent.
p.s. Not that I care about consistency for consistency's sake, but the lack, juxtaposed with the other mod actions being there, makes it look like something is missing or incorrect.

J,

I'm noticing today that direct adds are not included in the member
activity log. This seems strange, since joining the group, removed
from group, etc., are all included.
I think this relates back to an earlier call to refactor these tabs, or at least create one that is Membership (all things that affects a membership) rather than Member.

To me at least, it makes more sense to group the log entries by the activity topic rather than by who took the action. Because one is more likely to know what type of activity you're looking for than by who.

Shal

Then you'd want to remove those other actions by the mod. Right now it's concerning when you look at the activity and a removal is shown but not a direct add. I slightly favor having them all there, just for convenience. But it should be consistent.

On Sun, Jul 1, 2018 at 11:13 AM, Shal Farley <shals2nd@...> wrote:
J,

> I'm noticing today that direct adds are not included in the member
> activity log. This seems strange, since joining the group, removed
> from group, etc., are all included.

I think this relates back to an earlier call to refactor these tabs, or at least create one that is Membership (all things that affects a membership) rather than Member.

To me at least, it makes more sense to group the log entries by the activity topic rather than by who took the action. Because one is more likely to know what type of activity you're looking for than by who.

Shal

J,

Then you'd want to remove those other actions by the mod.
*I* wouldn't.

I slightly favor having them all there, just for convenience. But it
should be consistent.
I strongly favor having them all there (actions affecting a person's membership) in one tab. Regardless of whether it was the member or a mod (or even the system/support) that took the action.

That would make it possible to search a single tab for the member's email address and get their complete join/leave history. The "All Activity" tab could be used, but is too cluttered with message and other usage activity to easily find the actions of interest.

Shal

Agreed. I want them there, too.

On Sun, Jul 1, 2018 at 11:46 AM, Shal Farley <shals2nd@...> wrote:
J,

> Then you'd want to remove those other actions by the mod.

*I* wouldn't.

> I slightly favor having them all there, just for convenience. But it
> should be consistent.

I strongly favor having them all there (actions affecting a person's membership) in one tab. Regardless of whether it was the member or a mod (or even the system/support) that took the action.

That would make it possible to search a single tab for the member's email address and get their complete join/leave history. The "All Activity" tab could be used, but is too cluttered with message and other usage activity to easily find the actions of interest.

Shal

That was my original point. :-)