Topics

moderated Site updates #changelog

Changes to the site this week:

  • NEW: Polls have a new option to never show results to members.
  • INTERNAL: Moved S3 group deletion operations into the s3server for async and more reliable operation.
  • NEW: In the Edit File dialog, you can now replace the existing file with a new file.
  • NEW: Premium/Enterprise groups can now create aliases for subgroups (previously they could only create aliases for main/parent groups).
  • NEW: More anti-spammer work.
  • NEW: Premium/Enterprise groups now have a new Banned Domains tab. Emails from non-subscribers are rejected from banned domains, as well as registrations.
  • BUGFIX: Changed references to 'sub' to 'member' in the activity log to make things consistent. Changed several of the message actions to be more clear.
  • BUGFIX: For subgroups that are unlisted but with open archives, the feed link wasn't included on the group home page. Also, the archive description was incorrect.
  • CHANGE: When clicking the Subgroups tab while in a subgroup, don't redirect to the parent group first.
  • NEW: Added DD.MM.YYYY date format preference.
  • NEW: Locked Group member notice.
  • CHANGE: Changed how we did code highlighting, now using the Google code prettify JS instead of directly using the CSS classes.
  • INTERNAL: Upgraded TinyMCE editor to latest version.
  • NEW: Group default subscription preferences for date and time display.

Have a good weekend everybody.

Mark

Michael Chopra

Hello Mark. Could you please give me an explanation as to what a locked  Group  member notice is?
Thanks.
From Michael.

On Sat, Jun 30, 2018 at 4:48 PM +1200, "Mark Fletcher" <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

[...]

Mark,

NEW: Group default subscription preferences for date and time display.

The new Date and Time Display controls need the text Only set for new users that is found on Timezone. Unless they work differently (I hope not).

Shal

On Fri, Jun 29, 2018 at 10:02 PM, Michael Chopra <michaelchopra38@...> wrote:
Hello Mark. Could you please give me an explanation as to what a locked  Group  member notice is?
Thanks.

A locked group is read-only. If you try to send an email to it, you get back a generic bounce message saying the group is locked. You can create a locked group member notice, and that will be sent out instead of the generic message.

Cheers,
Mark