moderated Outlook/Hotmail delivery issue

Hi All,

Microsoft has been not accepting email from us since early this morning. They claim some sort of spam issue. We're registered with their FBL system, and I went to check the reputation of our service. They say there was an issue with an IP address that I had registered with them but have never used to send any email. So I'm guessing it's some kind of mistake. I removed that IP address from their system and sent an email to them about it.

As of now, we're still blocked. Assuming we're unblocked in the next day or two, all the queued up email will be delivered. From some things I've read, it appears that they do bulk processing once a day, around midnight. So maybe we have to wait until then to get this fixed.

Mark

Joseph Hudson <jhud7789@...>

Oh thanks for this info Mark, I recently had a member rate to one of the groups that I am a part of, saying that he hasn’t been receiving any messages. So pretty much what you’re saying, any messages that have been sent out will be sent to those members server has been on blocked.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 9, 2018, at 8:12 PM, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

Hi All,

Microsoft has been not accepting email from us since early this morning. They claim some sort of spam issue. We're registered with their FBL system, and I went to check the reputation of our service. They say there was an issue with an IP address that I had registered with them but have never used to send any email. So I'm guessing it's some kind of mistake. I removed that IP address from their system and sent an email to them about it.

As of now, we're still blocked. Assuming we're unblocked in the next day or two, all the queued up email will be delivered. From some things I've read, it appears that they do bulk processing once a day, around midnight. So maybe we have to wait until then to get this fixed.

Mark

Armando <a.vias@...>

I am still receiving your emails.

On Jun 10, 2018, at 4:19 AM, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

Hi All,

Microsoft has been not accepting email from us since early this morning. They claim some sort of spam issue. We're registered with their FBL system, and I went to check the reputation of our service. They say there was an issue with an IP address that I had registered with them but have never used to send any email. So I'm guessing it's some kind of mistake. I removed that IP address from their system and sent an email to them about it.

As of now, we're still blocked. Assuming we're unblocked in the next day or two, all the queued up email will be delivered. From some things I've read, it appears that they do bulk processing once a day, around midnight. So maybe we have to wait until then to get this fixed.

Mark

Armando,

I am still receiving your emails.
Or, are you receiving them once more?

On Jun 10, 2018, at 4:19 AM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
As of now, we're still blocked. ... From some things I've read, it
appears that they do bulk processing once a day, around midnight. So
maybe we have to wait until then to get this fixed.
Mark actually posted that at 6:12 pm PDT, which would be 01:12 UTC. You're message was posted at 08:31 UTC. So if you answered promptly (within 20 minutes or so) after receiving Mark's message that might be evidence that the block has been removed and the backlog of messages are now reaching Outlook users. Some seven hours late in your case.

Shal

Douglas Swearingen <dougiebehr@...>

Hello Mark,

I received email from Hotmail/Outlook until at least 6:40am this morning.

BTW Thank You for all you do for Groups.io.

Doug

Microsoft has been not accepting email from us since early this morning. They claim some sort of spam issue. We're registered with their FBL system, and I went to check the reputation of our service. They say there was an issue with an IP address that I had registered with them but have never used to send any email. So I'm guessing it's some kind of mistake. I removed that IP address from their system and sent an email to them about it.

As of now, we're still blocked. Assuming we're unblocked in the next day or two, all the queued up email will be delivered. From some things I've read, it appears that they do bulk processing once a day, around midnight. So maybe we have to wait until then to get this fixed.

Mark

Sarah k Alawami

Thanks for that. I forwarded the notice to my list in case there are any hotmail users on there. I think there are. Hopefully they are not upset at me for letting them know a bit late, but yeah. Anyway blessings.

On Jun 9, 2018, at 6:12 PM, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

Hi All,

Microsoft has been not accepting email from us since early this morning. They claim some sort of spam issue. We're registered with their FBL system, and I went to check the reputation of our service. They say there was an issue with an IP address that I had registered with them but have never used to send any email. So I'm guessing it's some kind of mistake. I removed that IP address from their system and sent an email to them about it.

As of now, we're still blocked. Assuming we're unblocked in the next day or two, all the queued up email will be delivered. From some things I've read, it appears that they do bulk processing once a day, around midnight. So maybe we have to wait until then to get this fixed.

Bruce Bowman

If GIO is still being blocked by hotmail, forwarding to your list won't help.

You have to send to each hotmail subscriber manually, outside of GIO.

Bruce

Sarah k Alawami

Well I also put the  announcement on my twitter, someone already let them know on my behalf. And such  so it worked out fine.

Status report on the situation, please?

Take care

On Jun 11, 2018, at 6:54 AM, Bruce Bowman <bruce.bowman@...> wrote:

If GIO is still being blocked by hotmail, forwarding to your list won't help.

You have to send to each hotmail subscriber manually, outside of GIO.

Bruce

Mark Fletcher

On Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 9:12 AM, Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@...> wrote:

Status report on the situation, please?

We were unblocked early Sunday morning.

Sarah k Alawami

Wahoo! Thanks so so much! You guys rock. Thanks for taking care of this as quickly as possible.

On Jun 11, 2018, at 9:14 AM, Mark Fletcher <markf@...> wrote:

On Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 9:12 AM, Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@...> wrote:

Status report on the situation, please?

We were unblocked early Sunday morning.

It seems to be happening again. I have a pending member using outlook whose confirmation email seems to have been rejected.

Mark, should I send the info to you at support, or do you already know this is happening again in general? I am planning to contact the member outside of groups.io. Should I suggest that they try to use a different email address for the group?

Thanks.

Hi J,

On Thu, Jun 14, 2018 at 10:43 AM, J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:
It seems to be happening again. I have a pending member using outlook whose confirmation email seems to have been rejected.

Mark, should I send the info to you at support, or do you already know this is happening again in general? I am planning to contact the member outside of groups.io. Should I suggest that they try to use a different email address for the group?

I'm not aware of any issues with Outlook or Hotmail today. Please send the details to support and I'll investigate.

On the ones I checked on my groups, it shows 2.6.0 Mail queued for delivery, so it looks like it may be delayed a bit, but not bouncing.

Duane

Gerald Boutin <groupsio@...>

On Thu, Jun 14, 2018 at 07:16 pm, Duane wrote:
On the ones I checked on my groups, it shows 2.6.0 Mail queued for delivery, so it looks like it may be delayed a bit, but not bouncing.

Duane

 I checked also using a Hotmail account. Definitely not bouncing and promptly delivered.

--
Gerald

Had one this morning that was rejected (I think), then one this afternoon to the same person that was just queued. Have sent details to Mark at support.

On Thu, Jun 14, 2018 at 07:30 pm, J_Catlady wrote:
Had one this morning that was rejected (I think), then one this afternoon to the same person that was just queued. Have sent details to Mark at support.

On Jun 14, 2018, at 7:16 PM, Duane <txpigeon@...> wrote:

On the ones I checked on my groups, it shows 2.6.0 Mail queued for delivery, so it looks like it may be delayed a bit, but not bouncing.

The test I did just a few minutes back did show a status response that includes the word queued, but the email was delivered within seconds. I don't think "queued" means anything nasty. This is just the message that Hotmail returns when it receives an email. Note that this is listed under the successful delivery category on email history.

This is part of the status message: ....protection.outlook.com] 9702 bytes in 0.180, 52.629 KB/sec Queued mail for delivery

If there was an email that was rejected, it would show up under that member's email history under "Most Recent Unsuccessful Delivery" and/or in the list of bounces.

--
Gerald