Topics

locked Search in mobile message view

Maria

In mobile while in message view you can only search by message  number.

can we search by search term there too?

Maria

Hi Maria,

I've just changed search on the newmobile/test version so that it's now a modal popup. This gives me space to have fields for both search and message number, and in the future will allow some more advanced stuff.

Please let me know what you think.

Maria

On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 10:29 am, Mark Fletcher wrote:
I've just changed search on the newmobile/test version so that it's now a modal popup.

I think it's awesome and love the idea that it may feature advance options in the future.

The only thing is that the page needs to be grounded again so it doesn't move left/right.

And maybe, if there is a way to indicate how many results were found? On mobile you have to scroll down to see the "1-20 of 20" which tells you there are 20 results.  No biggie though.

Maria

Maria

My only design related feedback would be to move the magnifying glass search icon to the right so that the left side alligns with the "D" in "Date" or so that the right hand side aligns with the "e" in "Date". Just thinking perhaps it's nicer separated out from "threads view" and "hashtags" ? Or maybe even Hashtags could move over with the search icon to the right hand side there - to balance and since search and hashtags are probably more related to each other than hashtags and thread view?

I haven't tried this in a mock-up so not 100% but thought worth mentioning.

Maria

Maria

And that feedback is intended for the #mobile version - i see the change is also on the #newdesktop version too, but not sure if moving the search icon and/or hashtags would feel off on desktop given the larger space.